· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Corner filters / air-pump powered filters / box filters

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone!

This is my first post on the forum. I hope I'm in the right place. :)

I'm looking for old, vintage or "odd" bubble-up filters you may not want anymore. I've been keeping tanks for several years focusing mostly on books and equipment in the hobby. I'm doing an informal study of these older style filters from early on and a) hopefully setting up actual tanks using them, and b) working on a possible new design of an air-powered filter that can be used on very large tanks above 30 gallons.

If you have any that you think could be interesting please feel free to let me know. I can either buy them off you if you're willing to sell, or I would also just be happy to see pictures of it should you be willing to go through the trouble.

Thanks so much for your help, and of course feel free to send any & all questions you may have!

Take care,

Paul

0 Not allowed!
    Google images will show you a bunch of pictures.

If you decide to make your own variation, to sell, consider that design patents can make life difficult for you. While the functionality is way past any patents, unique designs can qualify for a patent. Copyright too.
    There are a huge number of variations and combinations using plastic piping that people have tried to protect with vastly varying degrees of success.

A gentleman on an Angelfish forum has a "new" variation. Last I read, and it's been a while, he was in negotiations with one of the larger fish supply manufacturers to produce and sell it.

Good luck.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I won't be marketing it. The new design will be for my own personal use, and if anyone in my club wants one then they could have it too. But I don't suspect many will be interested in an old-school variation of a bubble filter.

I've scoured google images for several days and they only show the new ones, very common designs except for a few vintage pieces for which there is only one picture... unfortunately not much help on design. And, of course, none are for sale. :(

0 Not allowed!
    Try
    lustar air filter
    supreme aquarium filter
    penn plax air filter
    hartz aquarium filter
    sears aquarium filter
    montgomery wards aquarium filter
    and every other old brand name from the past.

There are some sites that deal with antique aquarium equipment.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is amazing! Thanks for the leads. I seriously didn't know where to start, but with your advice already found two or three filters. :)

0 Not allowed!
    Moved this to classifieds for obvious reasons. You may want to search for only Canadian fishkeepers because they wouldn't be worth shipping to Canada with the customers as they are.