· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: What to get now

1. Default What to get now

0 Not allowed!
    I've managed to find someone to take my bully of a gourami, so I'm now on the lookout for something to put in my 10g tall with one Oto.

The short list so far is:
    A betta. I love bettas, but I'm worried about it possibly having territorial issues with the Oto. My last betta was really laid back, but you can't guarantee that another will be.

2 dwarf puffers. Would love some, but again, they have a reputation for not playing well with others.

A small shoal of Endlers. I really love the look of them, and they're probably the best option for keeping the Oto safe.

I'd welcome opinions, or any other suggestions.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Neons tetras would be a good idea, or embers or phantoms. Either or should work in your tank with an oto.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just so you know, I have been told by more than a couple sources that otos are about the only thing dwarf puffers will get along with. I haven't tried it myself. Our four dwarfs don't have any tankmates except for the snails in the tank with them and those are for them to hunt, but you might get it to work. If you do decide to try them I would either watch very closely for signs of intestinal parasites or just go ahead and treat them for it right off the bat. And I say that while being someone who is avidly against treating for ANYTHING without a positive diagnosis. Those little guys are so prone to it tho. We lost three of them in the beginning just trying to maintain a stock of four. Like we bought four, lost one, replaced him, lost another, replaced her, lost the first replacement. It sucked. But once they get past a certain size you are in the clear. When you buy them the bigger the better. It's always the really little guys that drop from it, and they will be fine for days and then out of nowhere dead in twelve hours.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    You might try a female betta rather than a male - less aggression. The females are getting more and more finny and colourful now, and they have the personality.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've been thinking of putting a betta sorority in my 120L, so maybe I'll try a couple in the smaller tank first.

Very much leaning towards a crowntail male for the small tank though. I can always move the oto to the bigger tank, though I'd like him to take care of the brown algae in the small one first.

0 Not allowed!
    You could have a really neat school of micro rasbora, like chilli rasbora.

E.g.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~
    You could have a really neat school of micro rasbora, like chilli rasbora.
    Have a bunch of these in a 20g and 40, awesome little fish. Have a few other microrasbora types as well. Great thing about them is you can easily have 20 of them in a 10g and the tank still looks like it has barely any fish in it. They are around 3/4" in size at best. Keep them with red cherry shrimp as well as a few otocinclus. They all get along well.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wow these are really pretty...unfortunately my betta would eat them all up even if i had room in my ten gallon for more fish WHICH I DON'T BTW...any more fish other than the three julii cory cats i have in there would be asking for it, and not in a good way.

good luck with your fish finding.

20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeh my diamonds would eat them pretty quick. =( But this seems to be a moot point right now anyway since the tank seems to have neon tetra disease =/