· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    very nice! I'm sure your little cories love you for their new caves.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just don't ask me how long it took me to get the rocks like that.

Also the four gallon tank results for today 11/13.

Ammo: slightly lighter than .25 (will probably need to do a WC in a day or two)
    NitrItes: Zero
    NitrAtes: About halfway to 5, or slightly less than halfway.

That crypto is growing fast in both my tanks as the light is more concentrated i think.

What can i say...I'm good
    Last edited by Shidohari; 11-13-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    6 gal column- 1 powder blue dwarf gourami, 1 bronze cory, and one nerite snail, planted.
    10 gal - 2 F celebus rainbows, 3 ghost shrimp, 1 nerite snail, 1 mystery snail, planted
    10 gal #2 - 6 flame tetras, 1 ornate tetra, 1 nerite snail, and 1 emperor tetra planted
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The new rocks look awesome!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks also tried something new with jack today.

I fed him his three to four pellets like normal...

Then i got two freeze dried bloodworms on the end of my left pinkie finger and held still in the water. I heard when he got my fingernail by mistake after trying to go for the bloodworm. my left ring finger was close enough to the water that he also tried to go after that and i slightly jerked in surprise.

Who knows maybe that one can learn something
    6 gal column- 1 powder blue dwarf gourami, 1 bronze cory, and one nerite snail, planted.
    10 gal - 2 F celebus rainbows, 3 ghost shrimp, 1 nerite snail, 1 mystery snail, planted
    10 gal #2 - 6 flame tetras, 1 ornate tetra, 1 nerite snail, and 1 emperor tetra planted

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My fish go crazy for bloodworms. I only give them bloodworms once a week. They have tried to jump for them, too. I think it's common haha.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Rose prefers to eat the bloodworms I have to get the freeze dried as i'd never use them fast enough after thawing to make the most of them.

Jack prefers pellets but i do give him one or two after i give him his pellets.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Rose is using the caves...It's probably why the cory's aren't under them right now...That or they're too used to the open space on the left side of the tank.

Though i'm not seeing the third cory, which is the smallest one. I'm betting he's under there somewhere.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    bettas will do that. sometimes they like a spot to chill too.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know both my betta's like it alot. Jack has a ton of crypto in his tank though to solve his problem...

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So shortly after posting yesterday around 3PM i passed out and slept pretty much until 5-6 am this morning. I had taken my blood pressure meds in the morning instead of at night and it finally hit me then.

Did a 50 percent water change on my 4 gallon tank this morning. The readings after the change are as follows

PH 8.2
    Ammo ZERO
    NitrItes ZERO
    NitrAtes closer to Zero but a darker Yellow than that reading. I would estimate maybe .5-1.0 of nitrates with the darker yellow color.

Planning on doing a WC on the ten gallon the same way as well. I want the tanks mostly taken care of as my convention is this weekend and i may be too tired to do much other than test the water for the next couple days.

One of the cory cats was in the small mii cave in the front this morning, so glad it's getting some use. Course it vacated when it saw i was attempting to take a picture...