· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Get some pictures/videos up in this thread!!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here are the requested videos and pictures. for the two videos click on the images to go to my photobucket page to view the full videos.

This first video is of Rose and the Cory Cats in the ten gallon tank. the Cory's were resting at the time, so weren't as active as usual. Also i'm typing this with a cat on my lap, so grammar is poor.

next is a picture of Rose in his four gallon tank.

Second part of this post below as it was too big to fit in one post.

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Third is the video of Jack in the Four gallon tank by himself and his beloved Crypto bushes.

And finally a picture of Jack in his four gallon tank.

Enjoy all of you especially the one who requested these, AllenIsbell

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I'm talking about!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So you are happy with the uploads LOL

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    nice videos and picts You've done a nice job on your tanks. they look very clean and natural.
    One thing you might want to consider is getting something for your cories to hide in or around. It could just be 2 or 3 bigger rocks pushed together to make a little cave. Could be a small piece of driftwood they could tuck in under or a clay pot or some decoration that strikes you as looking nice in your tank. My cories seem to like a little security of a hiding place.
    Same goes for the bettas. My betta has a hollow log he sometimes hides in.
    Sometimes they just like to hide away for a bit and you've got the room for it.

Again - good job.

pm
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was looking at the small bags of stacking stones in the reptile section of petsmart today. I passed them up because i didn't know how fast algae grow on them, and while the tank is still cycling, i didn't want to chance it.

But as i have Cory's as my alternative fish, would they eat any algae that would grow on those stacking stones? I was thinking of putting something in the back right corner, as i use the back left corner to dump my new water inside the tank. I could try to build something with river rocks, i have some left over, but they're mostly rounded so i don't think it would work very well.

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    you don't have to get fancy. just a little something so they have a refuge. I picked up some rocks out of my flower garden, rinsed them used them

Corie's are not algae eaters - although mine will nibble on algae wafers occasionally when I drop them for the pleco. They will scavenger along the bottom and eat any left over food but I doubt your betta leaves enough waste for them. I also suspect you are feeding them some sinking pellets made for bottom feeders. if you're not, you might want to start.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes i'm feeding them sinking pellets for bottom feeders made of shrimp. Rose likes to play with them by holding them in his mouth.

Broke my NitrAte testing vial after the test was over today as i'm not fully awake

Ten gallon readings for 11/12 are

PH 8.2
    Ammo ZERO
    NitrIte a Normal blue not the Light blue of ZERO and not the purple of .50
    NitrAtes before i broke the bleeding vial I think they're still holding at 5.0

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari
    Broke my NitrAte testing vial after the test was over today as i'm not fully awake
    been there. done that. just rinse one of the other vials well and you can use it. my vials are mixed up all the time after I do w/c. but I wouldn't worry about testing for nitrates now anyway. the way you're maintaining your tank with rigorous w/c -- you won't have a nitrate problem. you can wait a week or longer to check them, again, as long as you stay on your w/c the way you are.