· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs For it’s medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff 
    thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne 
    Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 Thanks for spicing up the ban game! - pRED 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

Exclamation Google Chrome.

0 Not allowed!
    Been trying out Google Chrome and noticed that there isn't a button for shop menu anymore, it has been replaced with open buddy list button that isn't an option under Explorer 9 and the new post button works with Chrome, question is how do you access the shop menu when using Chrome ?
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed that too...so I don't use Chrome.

Instead I live with having no 'new posts' button...

I'm not sure what's up with configuration on AC. I frequent a couple of other boards and all the buttons work there...and I think they're all the same basic program.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    That problem seemed to appear as soon as people updated to IE 9. I don't know as it's a browser problem or an IE 9 problem. I switched to FireFox a week ago and still trying to find stuff. I've been looking for a week how to add a file to my desktop and haven't found it yet. grrrrr I had files with shopping sites in one file, bills I pay in another file, receipts for items purchased in another......etc. Now I just have 300 bookmarks. And an almost naked desktop.

Hopefully the new underwriter will fix those options for IE.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 11-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome all use different rendering engines. I use Firefox on a regular basis and I've never had issue with the forum rendering pages correctly.

I'm not suggesting any change browsers, just be aware that the forum may not be compatible with every browser. I used Opera at one time and had major issues with it rendering forum web pages correctly.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    The problems lie in HTML versions. Not all browsers are backward compatible and can show older html version correct. IE is the worst of them and make a lot of websites work differently from what it should. It is really poor coding from microsoft as they want the entire world to update their html code every time they do a new version of IE instead of making sure that the new version understand the code the old one did. Chrome is better but 100%. Bot chrome also ahs a better excuse to not get old code correct. namely, it is a newer browser.

Anyway. All these small html related bugs will be solved soon. I am beta testing a new system.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

0 Not allowed!
    Chrome's rapid release cycle doesn't help either. That's one reason I hate to see Mozilla following a similar rapid release cycle like Google does...at least Mozilla is learning, emm hopefully. Everything is moving from html4 to html5, slowly with good reason. You can test your browser to see where it stands as far as progression to html5.

http://html5test.com/
    Last edited by Taurus; 11-10-2012 at 04:48 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Well it still wouldnt be to hard for the browsers to allow websites to have a header tag that told the browser to parse them using html4 if so desired. I know there are tags similar to that but they are often ignored and work poorly.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

0 Not allowed!
    I had asked my tech to upgrade me to IE9, and he upgraded me to IE8, instead. I can still get the shop menu. Now, I'm glad he did so. People are having problems with 9. In Mozilla Firefox, he upgraded me all the way to Firefox 12, and as far as I can tell, it isn't any better -- or faster -- than the old version of Firefox I was using. But then, I don't use Firefox that broadly -- just for certain things.

It would be nice if interchanging browsers with uniform access between newer versions and material we have stored from older versions would be simple and non-buggy for us all, but that's the common sense thing for the computer industry to do, and we all know that doing the common sense thing isn't always the highest priority in corporate America, especially if it compromises profits.

I'll just bet there's a money reason why they don't correct these problems across the board. It certainly can't be that difficult ...
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    I use chrome because it is a much smoother browser for my personal stuff and games etc but use IE for work stuff, purely because I don't need the power of chrome and it keeps my bookmarks seperate.... less chance of distraction lol

I simply copied the address of the shop and put it as a bookmark on chrome.
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    Mermaid, you're probably running into limitations of your hardware or internet connect speed. Firefox is currently at 16.0.02. I don't think you can go to IE9 if you're still using Windows XP as your OS.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe
    I had asked my tech to upgrade me to IE9, and he upgraded me to IE8, instead. I can still get the shop menu. Now, I'm glad he did so. People are having problems with 9. In Mozilla Firefox, he upgraded me all the way to Firefox 12, and as far as I can tell, it isn't any better -- or faster -- than the old version of Firefox I was using. But then, I don't use Firefox that broadly -- just for certain things.