· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default One Baby BushyNose Pleco

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed that I now have 7 plecos in my tanks as I spotted this little one just this evening. Pretty ecstatic. Shame there is only one. I hope there will be a few more.
    Attachment 27046 sized at 800x533

So far he seems to be helping to clean the glass. Is there anything in particular that I should do to feed this little one?
    If you have bred these fish before, how old this is baby do you think?

Tank mates are glowlight and neon tetra, adult bushynose plecos, guppies and an oto and snails. The dwarf cichlids will have to wait.

I seem to have forgotten how to embed pictures in full view... Can't seem to get to behave.
    Last edited by MuckyFish; 11-10-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    Mucky

Unusually I have nothing more to add...

Default Embedded Picture

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, picture now visible at larger size.

Mucky

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs For it’s medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff 
    thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne 
    Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 Thanks for spicing up the ban game! - pRED 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    If you have a pair of breeding adult pleco's it won't be long before you have more fry that you know what to do with...
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

0 Not allowed!
    Awwwww.....how cute is that. I have had one females and two males for 3 years and they haven't bred yet. And neither have my corys.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It is cute. We just put 4 bristlenose in qt for our tanks. Babies would be cool.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So cute...he's so so cute

20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How cute and what a fantastic surprise
    30 gal Freshwater
    1 young Angel, 6 Pepper Corydoras, 5 Harlequin Rasbora 1 Bristle-nose Pleco

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Awwwww.....how cute is that. I have had one females and two males for 3 years and they haven't bred yet. And neither have my corys.
    Do you have a cave lh?
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    I don't have a cave per se but I have wood that provides many hiding places and the fish have seem to have extended some spaces under the wood. I didn't think the wood would have given enough cover for breeding.

Gadget is right, one is a blessing in disguise.
    Although happy to have a few more.
    Mucky

0 Not allowed!
    Some more pictures, I now have two of the SuperRed Ancistrus Fry and they seem to be generally hiding deep in the java and probably other places too.

This one is catching a ride while cleaning an apple snail, a symbiosis I haven't seen in the aquarium (or wild) before. (Like I have time for field trips )

Technical shot, the yolk sac seems to have disappeared now and I am guessing that the original shot shows a baby about 3 to 5 days old. In this picture below I think I can see the stomach starting to get filled up.

That's the best of about 60 shots, I hope you like them.
    Mucky