· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default walking catfish very sick

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, i have a walking catfish that ive had for 2 years. Every few mounth he was developing small pink growth on his head that disappeared a few weeks after with medical treatment. about 2 weeks ago he developped them again. 2 days ago he stopped showing interest in food and today he started to show nerological sighs as iirraticly swimming, swimming upside down,twitching his body while swimming.
    I wanted to ask for help in diagnosting and treating this disease. He is in a small tank about 50 L water p are 0,,0,10.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No arowanas or bichirs in the shop, so have a gourami instead - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congratulations on winning POTM! - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveThemAll1 View Post
    Hi, i have a walking catfish that ive had for 2 years. Every few mounth he was developing small pink growth on his head that disappeared a few weeks after with medical treatment. about 2 weeks ago he developped them again. 2 days ago he stopped showing interest in food and today he started to show nerological sighs as iirraticly swimming, swimming upside down,twitching his body while swimming.
    I wanted to ask for help in diagnosting and treating this disease. He is in a small tank about 50 L water p are 0,,0,10.
    I just want to clarify, is the 50L tank a quarantine or his permanent tank?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    temporarly

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Having it comeback on his head after a period of time and now what might be neurological issues is not a good thing. So the medication is no longer working?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    What successful medicinal treatment were you using for the pink dots?

Did the dots look anything like Lymphocystis? I received a ram once with suspected Lymphocystis and they looked like clusters of pink cysts on his head. These growths could appear and disappear for the life of the fish if it is.

Here's a pic of the growth on the ram I was sent
    20181130_144530.png
    Idk what was up with his underbite? I received him like this.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I didnt used any meds, when the dots appeared i did alot of water changes and they went away, i dont know if it helped or they went away by themselfs. there were no water quality issues. it dosent look like the pic youve sent, its more like "zits" at the first time i thougt its injuries that got infected.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Ok lymph looks more like enlarged cells. +1 to water changes and good params, I start with daily water changes when a fish looks ill. How is he today?

Maybe it was HITH... the treatment is clean water and good nutrition if it's not a symptom of Hexamita (parasitic). Don't know what neurological issues would indicate then, but it's not good :(
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 12-13-2018 at 03:48 AM.
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    He started to spin todat like he is chasing he's tail, he's doing it all day wothout stopping, does anyone see smoething like it? do you what it is?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    @Rocksor Our resident fish doctor.

A mirror to stop the chasing?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    how big is this fish? maybe he needs a much bigger qt