· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Default Pinholes in sword leaves

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, everybody! Long time, no see! My rainbow tank has an impressive growth of amazon swords. The last few months I've noticed a lot of them getting little round pinholes, about 1-3mm across. The holes are clean--no rotting or dead growth around them. Nutrition deficiency? Pond snail grazing? Disease? General malaise caused the overall messed-uppedness of the world?

T
    Friends don't let friends use clown-puke gravel.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Morning, Thomas

I'm no plant expert, you'll have to see Nat or Kat and a few others for that, but I'm sure you've seen this posted on the AC before...manganese?

Plants.jpg
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Slap! After examining the leaves more closely and doing a bit of reading, I think something might be chomping on them. Zebra loaches are the prime suspects. But I'm not getting rid of them--they're too cool. And I'd never catch them anyway!
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    So, here's another question. The swords in this tank grew like maniacs for about two years. The last few months, they're doing just OK, but not the almost frightening growth they had before (part of the reason my nitrates are a bit high, I suspect). Do swords simply get old and quit growing? Should I replace them with some young whippersnappers? @angelcraze2, @Boundava

In other news...We have about two feet of snow on the ground here and more predicted. BUT the Badgerling and I heard house finches singing yesterday! (world's most optimistic bird species) Spring: It's coming.

Also, two days after I sold my whole 55 gallon setup for the paltry sum of $100, TWO DAYS LATER, someone contacted me and offered $250 for it. Sheesh.
    Thomas
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    @WhistlingBadger
    Re the swords; did you put any root tabs in recently? They are heavy root feeders and the lack may be stunting growth. They shouldn't be old-but if you want to you can trim their roots-that usually perks rooted plants. Though it may make a mess of the tank depending on how established the roots are.

Keep hearing the projections for spring and they are saying the Great Lakes area will be in for snow till March-I have seen more songbirds and geese around so am unsure what to believe. I would think that they could tell more than meteorologists.

So sorry about the 55, I had those 3 50 long tanks Sis and I decided to sell. Well one guy said he would take the 2 for $60 each and when he came (sis was home to have him pick it up) he gave her a $100 bill and left with the tanks. According to Sis he was very intimidating so she felt uncomfortable pressing him for the $20 he shorted me. When I emailed him he called me a bunch of different names and told me where I could go for the $20. I have seen this winner as the local fish clubs and swaps/auctions-the . I hope he never has success with those tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    A person like that is almost always a very, very miserable person. You don't have to wish them unhappiness or unsuccess. They obviously have already found both.

My swords shouldn't need root tabs, but I'll give it a shot anyway. There are so many of them, maybe they've just sucked all the nutrients out of the soil.
    T
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I forgot you have dirted tanks, silly me!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    I forgot you have dirted tanks, silly me!
    I'll let it slide. Next time, you're fired.
    T
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore