· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

Default Apteronotus albifrons aka Black Ghost Knifefish

5 Not allowed!
    I can (and do) watch this guy for hours. It's not always practical to record videos of him because the tank is usually too dim by the time he starts coming out, but every once in a while I try to get some decent footage for @Taurus :)

Hope y'all enjoy!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Awesome man, we can see your marine tank either as a reflection or through this tank in the background. Again, BGK is the very definition of cool! Thanks Boof. We are so lucky to have this forum and the generous membership willing to share with others. It's what I really like about the place.
    Last edited by Taurus; 09-07-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    it is indeed a nice video, thank you for sharing. i enjoyed seeing the Angel follow him around.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you for showing him to us! You picked the perfect background music to go with his graceful movements.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Glad you gentlemen enjoyed it! The ghost has been a wonderful addition to the family and it is always a treat to watch him frolic through the plants and do his surface skim move. He has me trained pretty good. By 9pm, if I haven’t fed him yet he will skim backwards across and around the entire tank, splashing water and making quite a racket until I feed him haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Great video. He looks so large compared to everyone else. I don't remember you having angels but I love those too. I just lost mine a week ago - he was about 7 yrs old and just got really thin really quickly (within days).

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ah man, I’m sorry to hear that, Sue. I can only imagine how tough it was to lose him after so many years. Angels are definitely fun characters that are so inquisitive. I’ve had mine for a while now. I can’t remember exactly when I got them but I’m pretty sure I had the marble before the ghost knife and I think he’s pushing around two years now. It must feel like something is missing without your big fella following you around.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, it's tougher losing a single fish that greets you all the time rather than one of a larger school that runs and hides when you're near the tank.

This is the oldest of my current tanks and now that he's gone, I'm thinking about retiring it in a while. I'm down to 4 rummy nose (from 7) that are about 6 years old, 3 Sterbai cories about the same age and one BNP that's 4 years old from a batch of fry I had. I could transfer the rummies and cories to my 40B and sell the BNP but I want to wait a bit and make sure that's there's no disease they may have caught from the angel. They all seem fine so far.