· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

Default Anti aquarist PC group

0 Not allowed!
    Has any one had a email from Amazonas magazine about a anti fish tank group trying to ban it completly??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, about 2 weeks ago in their newsletter.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Sounds like more busybodies who can't or won't mind their own business.

Why must these special interest groups try to dictate to everyone else? If they don't like aquaria, nobody is forcing them to keep fish. What right do they have to tell the rest of us we can't?

Next thing we know, someone will by trying to outlaw feeding wild birds at feeders.

And heaven help us all if they succeed in getting some government agency involved.

Most of these people are ignorant. If they're truly concerned, instead of trying to ban aquariums, how about their educating folks on the proper ways to keep them maintained, stocked, filtered, etc. I can see getting rid of the notion that a tiny bowl is plenty sufficient for one or more goldfish. But trying to legislate the practice out of existence won't work. Education and information does.

But these types of folks have an agenda they're determined to pursue, because they think they're better than everyone else and know more than everyone else. Truth is, most of them are idiots.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Many many fish are only around today because they kept breeding in aquaria. They are extinct in the wild, but continue to thrive in the aquarium trade.

Personally I love color morphs, if only all ppl would use common sense and not release aquarium fish or other into the wild! To be honest, I have my own reservations on wild-caught fish, my own feelings is that I don't think they should be ripped away from their homes as they've known it, but fish born in the aquarium and bred to be kept in an aquarium, what's the problem? I do wish there was some kind of protocal before allowing just anyone to get a fish, but if one is willing to research and do things they feel is best for their fish, then why the problem?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I can understand how a group like this could get some traction. All you have to do is withhold a few facts like Kat just posted and spin it just a little.

Do you realize the average new aquarist kills over half their fish the first year? And some of these fish were stolen from the wild!

Just like that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    I can understand how a group like this could get some traction. All you have to do is withhold a few facts like Kat just posted and spin it just a little.

Do you realize the average new aquarist kills over half their fish the first year? And some of these fish were stolen from the wild!

Just like that.
    With ease.

But when challenged about their miss leading facts they act like little children.

A lot of tye issues in fish keeping is lack of education. And to many impulse purchases with out thought.