· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lurking

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Lurking

2 Not allowed!
    I been lurking a bunch lately and not posting much on journals or anything but since it's so quiet lately I figured I'd say something.

So, I've done a lot over winter been super busy, finished the floors in the house and moved everything around and have myself down to 5 tanks for now as we're planning a move to a larger house hopefully this year. New lighting all installed and ceiling fans for every room, kitchen upgrades..... lots of stuff. Summer has the back yard repair (had a friend staying with 3 dogs that did a lot of dog things) and then do some fancy concrete works add an actual sprinkler system and level out a lounge area next to the garden which will also include a waterfall to a pond which I've yet to determine size but all concrete and wonderful. I'm very excited for that. Maybe I'll do some before and after photos as we work.

Then paint the house.... yuck

Have new furry family, a new horse, a goat who thinks hes a horse and a ragdoll kitten. Pups are awesome old lady dogs are amazing. Lots of hunting in the future here with everyone including the new goat since he can't be left behind from his friends for an adventure.

Kitten goes on all our adventures with is so far, he's a trooper and loves driving and amazingly getting in the shower with you.... and he fetches lol his favorite is fetching his favorite toy on a string he drags it around all the time.

Interesting stuff..... my house conveniently decided to get a chimney fire as soon as we came home a couple nights ago we caught it immediately and got super lucky it snuffed itself by the time fire department showed up so extremely minimal damage. My boyfriend and I between us will have 3 new babies in our families in 6 months. A new 2019 pickup for me and a makeover coming for my 1988 offroad beast but my poor car is having a rough go needs a new battery so I can back it out of the garage to air the tires so I can take it for an oil change amd buy new tires so I can go the 200 miles to fix a recall and do a full high mileage service and have my garage queen running full tilt again lol.

What do you all have going? Tanks, life, anything good, bad, boring? Any new adventures planned or hoping to plan?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Some pics of things....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    This last pic is really cool...thanks for sharing...love the pic of the pups, as well, you can tell they love their momma
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 03-05-2020 at 02:51 AM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    You have certainly been busy. I've been busy only in my mind, wondering how I can get the things done that need to be done. It starts to get overwhelming so I stop thinking about it for a while, then start up again. I need to refinish my wood floors but will have to move 3 aquariums to do that. Have no idea yet how that would get done and where they would go. And should that somehow get figured out, it would then be reasonable to paint these rooms while everything is out, then the rest of the place when they're put back. So I ordered a couple of dozen adhesive paint squares, looking for the perfect colors, with over a dozen currently stuck on walls. And I have a couple of referrals for painters - small progress.

But all of what I want to do really needs to wait until my elderly dog passes on. She's 16 1/2 and starting to get a little more feeble, mostly blind and using the walls to navigate, often leaning against them or me, having many accidents indoors (thus, no floor finishing yet), trouble eating (bad teeth) with a lot of food ending up on the floor. So I'm mopping something each day. But she will still ask to go out and still does eat, although a little less than usual. As any pet owner knows, this is a difficult time.

I've also researched a couple of ragdoll cat breeders in my State as I hope that will be my next pet. I've read that ragdolls often have dog-like temperaments/behaviors, which would be perfect for me. I'm no longer up for the cold winter walks that a dog requires. While we fortunately had very little snow this past season, we had 2 ice storms which I find even worse. Had to carry the dog down the cellar stairs to go out the back where at least the grass provided some "texture" to walk on and I could hold onto the deck uprights.

So, lots of planning, debating about giving up one or two tanks, going nowhere fast.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Awwww Sue I absolutely understand where you're at with your old lady dog. My gal of 16 passed last June and we had many messes to clean and accommodations to make for her before. I planned for 2 years all the things I was going to do when things were easier for her. Bought things ahead of time and stored them for when I could. So sorry for you now it's a trying time, some days it seems you can't do enough to make them comfortable and secure but it's so worth every minute when they Thank you in the ways only an old dog can, truly soul to soul moments. Silver linings though, you can take all the time you want to make plans and prepare!

My lady taught the new pup how to hound dog howl that spring, my boyfriend has video from behind the curtain while they were outside where you can hear that pup teaching the younger pup how to do it too. So now on occasion our black and yellow labs will sing like the old lady used to and it always brings a tear to my eye.... she found a way to carry on with the young dogs that will make an impression the same as her crazy antics did all those years we had her.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    As any pet owner knows, this is a difficult time.
    I certainly do Sue, thoughts and prayers your way...I'm certain she's had a wonderful life under your care, the best she could hope for.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    I've also researched a couple of ragdoll cat breeders in my State as I hope that will be my next pet. I've read that ragdolls often have dog-like temperaments/behaviors, which would be perfect for me.
    I absolutely adore my little guy he's full of tricks and plays fetch and drags stuff around like socks or his string toys, loves snuggles and food, follows us around.... Not like the independent self absorbed king/queen of the world I'm used to. He is definitely more like a puppy cat than any cat I've ever had before. But he's still full of cat too and absolutely rules to roost. The other night our black lab was up sleeping with me and kitten hops up walks around and laid on top of the dog.... Of course staring at the poor dog in triumph while purring and kneading away on pups shoulder.

Pic.... his new toy he packs around is a gumby stuffy, just like the lab dogs he's packing something half the time and just like a cat as soon as the camera comes out he refuses to participate in the photo you wanted and decided to cat kill it instead.
    Last edited by sfsamm; 03-06-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Our tortie (Wednesday-4yrs old) has some rag in her and she is so smart. She plays fetch, knows to sit and give "hi five's" for treats and has a puzzle box for her to find her treats (lift balls, move panels and pull drawers open). She follows you like a dog, waits at the door to greet you and (we don't let our cats outside unless they are on harness) she will stay by your side when roaming the great outdoors-meowing in alarm when we dissapear from her sight, lol.

We have another 6 yr old male we adopted a couple years ago and he has learned alot from Wednesday; waiting at the door, walking (mostly) with us outside (he was a barn cat from Salem, IL so tends to wander off some, but he is always leashed) . Also we adopted a feral kitten last February and she has learned alot from her big sis like fetching and waiting at the door. Due to her small size she won't be harness trained for another year (and the fact that she was born and lived her first 6 mo outside , she may not want to come back).

Nice to see your back-even lurking. I still have issues with new posts (finding them that is) so didn't see this until now. Love the pic with the snails and shrimp. What type of snails are those?
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Love the pic with the snails and shrimp. What type of snails are those?
    They are a Sulawesi snail. Two types: yellow spotted and yellow. Have a bunch of common names: Poso Snail, Elephant Snail, Rabbit Snail are the three I see used most other than called by color pattern. There's several variants mostly by collection location and color and they can interbreed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    They eat dying plant or algae or anything they find tasty?
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore