· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

Default 30 Gallon Natural Aquarium Build

6 Not allowed!
    I took out my Imperial tetras and corydoras eques out of my 30g and put them both in the 180 g.
    They are so happy in all that room!
    My 1 Tucano tetra I put in the 60g with my discus. They are not interested in eating him. This made me happy!

This will be the future home of my Alenquer Pair. The goal is to get a viable spawn. If a spawn becomes viable,( they have had fertilized eggs, but no fry) then I will set up a typical 40 breeder to raise fry in and use this tank for something else. If they never do, this will be there home.

I wont be adding them for awhile, the Amazonia causes ammonia spikes for awhile, will be starting a new cycle process in this tank.

Now I am beginning a build. It is inspired by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oGLxnYHIdkI

The substrate ( in tank):

A mixture of Amazonia Light and Caribsea Crystal River sand.
    IMG_2277.jpg

Hardscape materials:

Seiryu stone ( wont be using all that is pictured) and ADA Hornwood.
    IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2280.jpg

Plants:
    Anubias, ferns., Buce, crypts.
    Last edited by discusluv; 07-07-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Just got these Hornwood pieces today--- very small- I will need to order some larger ones to get the look I want to achieve from video I linked.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for Sharing Your fish! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    I am excited to see how this comes together for you!

I watch that video and feel inspired.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Amazing tank in that video. Some people just make it look so easy. I can appreciate the beauty of the finished product but have no talent when it comes to putting something like that together from the start. Have fun with your build. I'll be following along.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Very nice! I'm excited to follow along with your adventure. I hope they breed for you and produce viable babies :)

I wont be adding them for awhile, the Amazonia causes ammonia spikes for awhile, will be starting a new cycle process in this tank.
    Are you thinking the Amazonia will cycle your tank by a new cycle process? I always felt my dirted tanks cycled themselves and could hold more BB, thus more stable. I like it that you are doing a planted tank for a breeding pair. I know you can keep it Prestine!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Hadn't thought about the ammonia leeching from substrate as initiating the cycling process. Hmmm... I guess that could happen, right?

I was more thinking that I didn't want uncontrollable amounts of ammonia leeching in time...ll see how it goes. But, that's interesting, I never thought about being able to cycle the tank with this ammonia from the substrate.

I ordered some more Hornwood, the pieces I got today are not adequate for the look Im hoping to achieve.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I enjoyed watching the artist create his build in the video you linked to. I'm looking forward to following you on your build.
    Subscribed!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks @RiversGirl :)

I located the plants that are in thsi scape:

needle leaf java fern, trident java fern, anubias nana, anubias nana petite, taiwan moss, willow moss, pheonix moss (fissidens fontanus), flame moss, coral moss, (mini pelia) blyxa japonica, eriocaulon malayatoor, hygrophila pinnatifida, hygrophila compacta, hydrocotyle sp., marsilea crenata, nesea crassicaulus, Proserpinica palustris, bucephalandra brownie, pheonix bucephalandra, brownie upper ghost, bucephalandra brownie phantom, bucephalandra red theia, bucephalandra catherine, bucephalandra dark metalica, bucephalandra super red, rotala indica, and riccia fluitans.

Needless to say, I will NOT be investing this much into plants :0 Geezo!

I do want to try some higher light plants, however. Some kind of carpet plant, so I have been looking at either adding an extra fixture to the one I have ( I have a Finnex 30" Planted + SE), maybe adding another one of same or the Finnex Ray 2.
    Or, just going with a Current Satellite Plus Pro which is dimmable and programmable and very good Par.

Ill have to do some more research on that.

Some will be tricky to grow with the light I have. maybe its tinme for an upgrade.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for Sharing Your fish! - discusluv   

2 Not allowed!
    In my aquarium the ray2 is automatic hair algae. It is very very white, no blue, green or red that is discernible

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    looks like a neat project. I am amazed at how aquascaping has become such as art form. looking forward to seeing this progress.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.