· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Iridescent shark isnt eating

0 Not allowed!
    Hi ive rescued a small shark about 13 cm from a very bad comditions{10 L tank no WC and so..} 6 days ago.hes in a 50 L quarnteen with 1000L/h filter tmp 25 c. he isnt eating since i got him and i know that he ate just befor i took him.I did a very slow water adjustment adding water from the tank to the bucket for an hour and only then moved him to the new tank, but when i moved him he swam like crazy and flipped over . i trned off the light in the room and moved back. after a few minutes he flipped back and strated to swim normally again.Im not noticing any sighns on his body , anf he is active and swimming. the only thing i see is redness on his body which look to me coming from his color being thin and pale. i though that its beacuse hes a baby but noe i don konw..what do you think?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    You really need to get a TDS meter and measure the total dissolved solids of the water from the tank that he came and the water that you have. Hours of drip acclimatization is not enough for being in high TDS water for months/years. You should have acclimatized him over a period of days or even weeks. This would prevent any undue stress and lead to sickness. You can easily raise the TDS of your water using dissolved salt.

The next thing is to start using methylene blue while the fish is in quarantine for at least a couple of weeks. This will help in recovery faster.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone have a link to a TDS meter that they would recommend? I see several options that aren't very expensive, but don't have one personally so can't recommend any particular brand over another. Perhaps the OP would be interested in adding one to the fish cabinet.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   4 the help - rookie   

0 Not allowed!
    When your not sure what's happening raise the temp to 80 degrees, do a half water change, a half dose of malecate green, a half dose off furan2 or another form of nitrafurazone. Once a day, for 3 days and put in more hiding spots. This was my go to combo win I ran a 1000 tank warehouse of fish that emptied 1 1/2 times a week and there's not much time to figure things out.
    Last edited by fissh; 03-08-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So the redness in the pics seems ok to you?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveThemAll1 View Post
    So the redness in the pics seems ok to you?
    No, it indicates something is wrong.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    but he was red in the previuos tank as well and he was eating there

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It could be a reddish tone in his natural skin color? When you described it, it sounded like a newer issue.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    He still isnt eating, its been 10 days now..stil active.. i tried to medicate with furanol, finished treatment yesterday, no effect