· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Convict Help

1. Default Convict Help

0 Not allowed!
    Being new to convicts, I am curious about one in particular that I got at my LFS the other day. He is not of the normal black and grey variety and was hoping to get some insight as to what type of convict he (or she) may be. I bought this fish as a male but have noticed in the last few days a bluish sheen on the dorsal fin. It is housed with a decimate female in a 20 gallon tank and is about 2" in length. Also, hi I am new to this forum and have kept cichlids in the past but have recently gotten back into the game. My main tank is 75 gallons and home to juvinle green terror, jack Dempsey, jaguar and an oscar. My wife just agreed to getting a 150 gallon tank! I am super excited. I will attempt to upload some pics when i figure out how to do it. Thanks.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by AZCICHLIDZ; 03-16-2012 at 01:37 AM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    That would be a female. Female convicts tend to be more colorful than the males.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    In regards to first post... Definate female, not "decimate"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reply. Here is another pic. I guess i'm just confused as to why this particular convict doesnt look like the standard black and grey variety. Neat looking little fish, just dont think he/she is of the common convict variety. There are alot of you who would know more than I that have more experience with convicts. This pic really shows the blue in his/her fin. My other con has orange on her stomach and blue fins against the black and grey body. Are there different types of convicts?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reply. Here is another pic. I guess i'm just confused as to why this particular convict doesnt look like the standard black and grey variety. Neat looking little fish, just dont think he/she is of the common convict variety. There are alot of you who would know more than I that have more experience with convicts. This pic really shows the blue in his/her fin. My other con has orange on her stomach and blue fins against the black and grey body. Are there different types of convicts?