· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default how to tell platy fry from guppy fry

0 Not allowed!
    i am going to try and post a pic but i am wondering what they are because their whole body is orange like the platies i have but idk if any of my 2 platties were even female and or pregnant. i have heard that guppie babies are blackish or grey... but the whole body is orange (where my guppies are fancy...half orangish half white.) so i am confused. but rather skinny and long like the guppies.. but i guess it is just too early to tell
    20 gallon- platies, dalmation mollies, cory cats, red belly x ray tetras,gourami, african dwarf frog

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    hopefully this pic works
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20 gallon- platies, dalmation mollies, cory cats, red belly x ray tetras,gourami, african dwarf frog

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think it matters a whole lot. They'll either be eaten or you can check when they grow older.
    American League Champions! TIGERS!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well they wont get eaten because they are in a floating breeder tank...well i know it doesnt matter because i will find out when they get older but i would just like to know

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    They do look like Platy fry. I'm going on the colour and fins.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have succesfully determined that they are platy fry(for those of u who would maaybe care) because i can see black spots growing on them right before their tail fin just like my other platy and and very suprised because i did not think any of my platys were prego.