· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Best place to buy discus

0 Not allowed!
    I wondered where the best place to buy quality, healthy discus online or in Seattle? Thanks!
    O C

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't keep them, but at a recent cichlid auction I was at, this guy was touted as the premier discus breeder. He donated a few to the auction and they were beautiful and fetched substantial prices. I'd be contacting him if I were going to keep them!

http://discus-hans-usa.com/
    11 tanks, 5.5g up to 125g(2). Mbuna, Haps, Peacocks, Tangs, wild caught to tank raised!

0 Not allowed!
    Ideally from a breeder who has the parents available still.

Here are some internationally known premium sellers.
    http://www.wattleydiscus.com/
    discus-hans-usa.com/

0 Not allowed!
    Personally wouldnt suggest wattley or stendker discus... Theyre great quality but you're paying for a name as much as anything else, definitely wont get their best quality since they keep those for breeding stock.

Asian imports can be as nice as some of those top line fish, at a fraction the cost... Just need to quarentine for safe measure. QT aquarium in the international district has some great imports, as does Kings Discus (also ID).

Looking for locally raised discus? Look at The Fish Store on roosevelt, theyll know someone.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    local breeders are the best, you can go to their house and see how they act. and you know they are taken better care than at a LFS. BUT! LFS or online have better variety..

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Gwynbrook Farms. I had dealings w/ Peter Thode(owner) back a few years ago when I had Discus. Discus were healthy, colorful, & had beautiful shape. Reasonable prices. Good guy to deal with( @ least in my experience).

www.discushatchery.com/

Awards Showcase

Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA 
    Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime 
    I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Take a 4hr drive south to Portland, Or and go to a place called Family Pet. They are a hole in the wall shop that looks like a 4x4 closet. Inside though its huge and has a great fish section. Another place out of Portland is the Wet Spot. They sell on aquabid on top of being a shop and you might get them to ship you some discus. I can definately speak on their quality of fish as I dealt directly with both over the course of several years.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,
    Well take a look on simplydiscus.com. for all the info you will ever need. the general rule is 10 gals per fish for discus. your tank is fine for six. on wc's, breeders do change a lot of water every day. you must for raising discus fry. as I said, a large weekly wc is enough for ADULTS.

Thumbs down

0 Not allowed!
    Alexander_john, this was asked and answered in December, if you want to answer posts, answer recent ones.
    American League Champions! TIGERS!

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like Alexander John fits the description of guerilla marketer.
    Mucky

Unusually I have nothing more to add...