· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 2 Fiddler Crabs additions

0 Not allowed!
    Just picked up 2 Fiddler Crabs this weekend - a fairly large female and a small male. They are so fascinating to watch! Had to get creative to fix a tank up for them to make sure they had climbing space to air. Made a rock wall out of pvc pipe and river rock...also added a couple of betta leaves suctioned to the side and that is where the male has been most of the time. This morning the female was on top of the rock wall.Tried to get a pic but came out too dark. Will try again later. I am going to get some sand later on today - right now they have gravel - but I am sure they would prefer sand so they can bury down if they want.
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}

0 Not allowed!
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Fiddler Crabs a brackish species? You have brackish water for them?
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I do - I did my homework beforehand - added aquarium salt.
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}

0 Not allowed!
    You need to use marine salt, not aquarium salt. They are not the same thing.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    I would also suggest getting a refactormeter so you can get accurate salinity measurements when testing your water
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Fiddlers are really happiest with a tiny beachlike habitat-shallow water and a gentle slope leading to an area of sand. They will burrow in the sand. You will definitely want a way to measure salinity.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the tips - marine salt duly noted - sloped sand in place - lots of climbing room. 20% water - so it is shallow and very beachy. Just got back from Petsmart - bought the sand - crab salt - food pellets - they look happy as clams, I mean crabs.
    PaMeLa

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    congrats on the crabs beware they are escape artist!!!!! lol