· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Ugh - made me sick

0 Not allowed!
    Today we went to this little hole in the wall Chinese place for lunch. First thing you see when you walk in the door is this pitiful 30 gallon tank with 6 huge goldfish. One was laying on its side on the bottom panting. It had one big shell in the center and an air filter and that was it. Pretty pathetic. I told the woman working there that it was horrendous. She didn't bat an eye. It totally ruined my appetite. Too bad you can't call things in like that for abuse.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It is sad to see setups like that and even more disturbing to see a setup like that in my local doctors office where its maintained by the lfs
    29 gallon cichlid tank
    10 gallon kids livebearers tank
    5 gallon dirt planted tank

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    There is a little place like that in my town that used to have a similar situation. Once someone pointed out that the goldfish didn't look happy, and would get too big for the tank, the restaurant sold off the fish. Someone must have done some research, because now it's got a nice school of tetras, and some other small community fish.

The one that bothers me is theres a place with a Silver Arowana in a small depressing looking tank. I'm not sure the tank even has any substrate. I mean, the water looks pretty clean, but the tank is just long enough for the poor thing to pace back and forth.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They look like blood parrots,very popular with chinese restraunts as display fish. Trust me,they see the fish as nothing more then display and the dying ones are missed no more then a dying plant in most of there eyes.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    If you feel it was a cruelty case then report it. Let the individuals that actually deal with animal cruelty laws make the determination if they believe it is a sufficient enough case.

The laws in regard to domestic fish that I found for Texas did not seem exclusionary in nature to me, but then I don't live there.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You are correct, Smaug - I looked them up and that is what they are.
    Trill - I think that is a good idea - may not get me any where but I will see what I can do Monday. At least I can try. Stay tuned -
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The question is did you still eat there? Hit them in the pocketbook and you'll get there attention. Something like, "That's so disturbing I can't enjoy my meal. I'm going to have to leave now."
    120 Gallon Freshwater - Planted

“Every measure which establishes legal charity on a permanent basis and gives to it an administrative form creates thereby a class unproductive and idle, living at the expense of the class which is industrious and given to work.” -- Alexis de Tocqueville