· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default True size of a dwarf neon rainbow

0 Not allowed!
    Thinking of getting 5 or 6 of these guys but in my tank I have already 8 bloodfins. Looked on YouTube and they look bigger than the 2in that every article lists. When they age do they get to 3in? Looking for an avg here. Don't want to go smaller than 2in but not much bigger than 3in.
    Thanks guys!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    what size is your tank? anyways, i think they go mostly up to 3inches but they don't go above 3in.

if you're looking for a little smaller rainbow, try threadfin or forktails. :)

0 Not allowed!
    Mine are all full grown and none are over 2" in size. But if you can get them and how many you can get will also be determined by your tank size.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta
    Lack of planning on your part doesn't justify an emergency on my part.

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    What size tank? I had a group of 5 in a 55 and they still beat each other up.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    They definitely can and should hit around 3".
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tank size, 50 gal.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mine are around 2.5 inches or so.

0 Not allowed!
    I see no reason you can't have a school of them in your tank. But I prefer larger schools than 6.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ya according to me the size "2in" is better for the rainbow fish.

0 Not allowed!
    Actually, neons are simply neon rainbows. There is no dwarf about them but they are often stated dwarfs in error. They simple are a small species of rainbow. They need to be stocked like all rainbows, more female to male ratio or all of the same sex.