· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default pump stopped running

0 Not allowed!
    Noticed it today,I dont know for how long but all could think was DAMNIT! Just a few weeks ago I bought a heavy net enclosure to keep the pump in that would help avoid large items getting into the intake.It was a pain to put on while being armpit deep in 45 deg water but it looked rather full proof. Well tell that to my poor dead drown bullfrog would ya!I reached in to feel what was clogging it and felt a rather large fleshy item clogging the intake,when I pulled it out it was my big bullfrog and he was quite dead At least the pump didnt get burnt out cause after I got him out everything was fine.He was huge,I couldnt get my hand around him and he was as big as a small wild rabbit. This is the guy that tried to eat a bird this summer and the same one I saved from a big snake last year. I will miss him.

0 Not allowed!
    So sorry to hear that. When you lose a long time friend it is hard.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Twas my laziness that cost him his life. In the past the pump was in its shell casing which prevented anything from going in the intake.I had to remove it early on this year to fix the pump and never put it back on. I would do it right now but Im just so damn tired and lethargic from tday dinner He always went to the skimmer box to hibernate for the winter,he would snuggle in next to the pump itself for the little bit of heat it gives off. Im so pissed off right now,this was an animal that chose to be part of my system. I feel like I killed him myself.
    Last edited by smaug; 11-24-2011 at 09:01 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about this Smaug
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just went out and found where I layed him and decided to bury him next to the pond. Here is a pic of him at least to memorilize him a bit. Maybe a bit mushy on my part but I never take it well when something healthy and beautiful dies,especially when it could have been avoided.
    DSCN6018.JPG

0 Not allowed!
    Whether or not it is mushy is irrelevant. We feel pain when our loved ones pass. Frogs/fish/etc. are no different than family members.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry Smaug you lost your buddy. You have no way of knowing if possibly he died and was sucked into the pump, tho. Perhaps you are blaming yourself for something you had no control of.

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry, smaug. :(

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Sorry Smaug you lost your buddy. You have no way of knowing if possibly he died and was sucked into the pump, tho. Perhaps you are blaming yourself for something you had no control of.
    I wish that could be but it couldnt have happened that way. The pump is inside a stiff mesh bag with only a small opening at the top and that is slightly out of the water. He climbed in to get closer to the warmth of the pump.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That sucks,dude. Frogs are cool. Sorry for your loss.