· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: new crawfish

1. Default new crawfish

0 Not allowed!
    i just bought 16 crawfish out of a bait machine for $5.50 and it there were a couple of light blue ones in with all the normal brown ones. are these actually a blue crawfish or is this possible because of being in a small cod container? And if it is a blue crawfish, (which i hope it is because they sell for $12 each where i live) will it become a darker blue in warmer water?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I never thought about stocking my fish tank from a vending machine.Very novel

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I find it alot cheaper to buy them out of the machine because I keep them with catfish and the smaller ones become a snack while the bigger ones help keep the tank clean. Plus I dont think I could ever pay alot for somethig that could get eaten.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would be careful adding crayfish to a tank because many times they carry deceases that if pasted onto a fish can kill. So qt time would be required in my opinion. But they aren't my fish either. And I would check on the species because, if I'm right, other species can have blue morphs too. The one your looking for is the alleni. Their is also a white form too, if it is an alleni.
    55 Gallon Community
    40 Breeder Peacock cichlid Grow Out
    10 gallon empty
    5 gallon Guppy Tank
    2.5 gallon cylinder Crayfish tank
    1 gallon empty

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen pics of wild "blue lobsters" as the call them here in Jersey, but they are nowhere as intense as the selectively bred cobalts and electric blues are. I had a large electric blue for a couple years that my buddy gave me after a reletively unexpected breeding at home. Maybe you should try your hand at it with your blue 'dads! Can you post some pics?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I can try to post some pics in the morning if it comes out. Also I think they could be red claw crawfish because it looks like they have a slight red color to their claws.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i got a couple of pics. unfortunately it is a dull blue to grayish color today but who knows, maybe its color will change. there was also a red one that got scared and tried to hide on the heater so i got a pic of that one too. i also did some research on crawfish species in my area and found out that they are Cambarus ortmanni.
    Attached Images Attached Images