· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

Default Drip Acclimation Methods

0 Not allowed!
    Piscine
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=62202

AmazingH
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?p=597379

Wild Turkey
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=39559

If anyone else whats to add their own drip acclimation article to this sticky just send me a pm and I'll edit it in with the others.
    Last edited by Wild Turkey; 04-14-2010 at 03:55 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Perfect. All the information is in one spot. Nice job.

0 Not allowed!
    Turkey, you may want to edit the link to your tutorial so that it actually takes you to the first page. :)

BTW, nice job on condensing these.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    LiveAquaria.com has the drip method and the standard method which are both interesting, too.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/PIC/article.cfm?aid=157

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't know they made these.

Acclimator for $9.99 + shipping

http://www.petsolutions.com/Pisces-P...00002+C37.aspx

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscine
    Didn't know they made these.

Acclimator for $9.99 + shipping

http://www.petsolutions.com/Pisces-P...00002+C37.aspx
    I just looked, now they are 5.99

My siphon I use for water changes has a ball pump and a valve on the end that I can set to a steady drip. This method is so much easier than the bag method, it makes way more sense.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just wanted to comment here because I've always done the bag method in the past, never really thought there was any other way people did it.

However I tried Piscine's method the other day, and not only was it a lot simpler to set up than I thought, it also worked like a charm! By the end of an hour I had a calm, colourful school of tetras who only freaked out a little when I netted them out.

Great method, great advice, and I will be using this everytime I add fish from now on. Thank you!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    that's what i do, with a 1 gallon container in a basin just in case it overflows, you don't want a flooded carpet.have a very nice and smooth

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It just so happens your fish here is only - mostly - dead...