· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Article forum

Default Article forum

0 Not allowed!
    All members are welcome to post their own articles in this forum. Remember, they don't need to be great to be helpful to others. Also by posting them here you might get help to improve them by getting input from others.

Only post articles you have written here ok. Don't post things you find on the web or elsewhere that you haven't written.

By posting here you agree to allow AC the right to publish articles posted here in the content section of the site if we deem them worthy
    Last edited by William; 01-05-2009 at 04:54 AM.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark Whee! - Nick_Pavlovski Drink up! - Drumachine09 For keeping TOF alive! - Drumachine09 For Being A Great Friend - MeganL3985 
    good job - Lady Hobbs I am baking today and figured I'd share...thanks for helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** A thank you for adding me to your buddy list :) - *Sarah* for the inspiration, and the friend add :) - calla a cigar for you - Dave66 
    good quiz answer - Dave66 Thanks for being a friend! Cheers! - SkarloeysMom I think you need a book!! (It's a book about fish of course!) - 2manyfish i noticed i havent given you a gift yet! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 
    Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12 Happy Birthday Friend! - SkarloeysMom Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish Merry Christmas! - digital3 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - tropfish AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - tropfish Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - tropfish HIV/AIDS - tropfish Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - tropfish 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - tropfish 

0 Not allowed!
    Good idea William. Could a mod move my Jellybean cichlid article here?
    55g: 1 Severum, 1 Raphael Catfish, 1 Syno Catfish

5g: adopted goldfish..

2.5g: crowntail betta

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,

Here is my Article about Red Line Rasboras..

Name: Red-Striped Rasbora.
    Size: 5.5 cm
    Temperature: 24-28'c.
    Origin: Malaysia and Sumatra
    pH: 6.8-7.0.
    Minimum tank size: 20 gallons

The Rasbora pauciperforata, or Red-striped Rasbora, has to be one of the best Rasbora species I have kept. This sleek and streamlined fish loves a habitat of a planted aquarium that imitates its homeland environment of streams, rivers and lakes of Malaysia and Sumatra.

For housing these fish, I would suggest a minimum size aquarium of 15 gallons because of their shoaling tendencies, which like to have a school of around 5 or more individuals. To make them feel at home in the aquarium be sure to have it well planted with aquatic plants, and use logs and rocks as decorations to imitate its homeland environment. Advisable size tank mates for this Rasbora would be most fish that are peaceful and grow to around 5.5 cm.

I have my 7 Red-striped Rasboras in a 48 gallon planted Asian tropical community aquarium. This variety of Rasbora has to be the best looking Rasbora I have seen. The red stripe of this Rasbora is very stunning. A neon style red line runs from its snout to the beginning of the caudal fin, displaying a clear silvery body, with its internal organs being visible.

I find the Red-striped Rasbora not fussy about food. Actually, it really darts at any food I give them. I feed my Red-stripe Rasbora a diet of JBL Staple Flake Food. I also supplement their diet with frozen brine shrimp.

So, from past experience, I would say this fish would be very good for a beginner to start with. One time I forgot to plug the heaters in, and three days later the temperature was around 10 degrees Celsius. While the other fish felt the effects rather dramatically, these tough little fellows lived on as if nothing had ever happened.

By: Callum Mackintosh
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

0 Not allowed!
    Mac is it ok if I use that format for my article?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tropfish
    Good idea William. Could a mod move my Jellybean cichlid article here?
    Good idea and the articles should all be in a new thread so not to get buried. However, if I move it and have to name the new thread, it will appear as the post is mine and not yours. I suggest you copy and paste it to a new thread in this forum so it will have your heading on it and not mine.

Articles here, everyone, are your own articles written by you and not copies of material taken from the net, OK?

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cer
    Mac is it ok if I use that format for my article?
    Fell free. I copied it from a English book.

mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.