· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Question White Cloud Mountain Minnow

0 Not allowed!
    White_Cloud_Mountain_Minnow_1.jpg

I know this fish is a cold water fish White Cloud Mountain Minnow. So could tell me about White Cloud Mountain Minnow. Are the dirty like the goldfish, I know they are cold water fish. Could you give me info about them. I will be getting them. I heard you can not put Goldfish and White Cloud Mountain Minnow together. How many can you keep in a tank. They are very very cute. The photo I post is not mying.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Here is a good video to watch on how wondeeful the white clouds can be.

When set up in a imitation of their natural environment they really become a stunning minnow.

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&so...SxVr6uZAQPHMq5

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    thank you for helping me out.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Here is a good video to watch on how wondeeful the white clouds can be.

When set up in a imitation of their natural environment they really become a stunning minnow.

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&so...SxVr6uZAQPHMq5
    thank you for sharing the video

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Here's another one

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

merry xmas XD - genocidex   for your kind words! - C-Dub   Welcome Skinner! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Rue   Happy B-Day! - Rue   

1 Not allowed!
    I've kept White Clouds for a few years, now. They are good in cooler water. They aren't particularly dirty, but you still need to keep their tank maintained. White Clouds are a schooling fish, so they need to be in a group of at least seven, preferably more. A 20-gallon tank or larger is best for them. They aren't finicky about food, but a nice balanced fish diet is best. If they're healthy, they'll eat just about anything you give them. It has to be small enough to fit into their mouths, of course. White clouds are good in a tank with Amano and/or Red Cherry Shrimp, assorted snails (not Assassin snails), and lots of live plants. They don't do well in a tank with danios, unless it's a large tank, as the danios tend to be aggressive toward White Clouds, and chase them, causing the minnows to hide. I also have White Clouds in my 65-gallon. They do well with other peaceful community fish. The emphasis is peaceful. I do have glofish and Zebra danios in the larger tank, and because there's plenty of room for everyone, the danios don't bother them. The key is to not overstock.

Right now, I have only the minnows in my 20, along with shrimp and snails. In my 65, I have them in with Crimson-spot Rainbow fish, Rosy Barbs, Dojo Loaches, Amano Shrimp and assorted snails, along with a very few danios.

If White Clouds breed in your tank, the fry will have an irridescent bluish tint to their bodies, making them look like tiny neon tetras. As they mature, they will take on the adult silver color with red tails.

White Clouds are fun to keep, and easy to keep. Unfortunately, some big box stores use them as feeders in their fish departments. Don't buy them there. Go to a reputable LFS, instead.

If you have larger fish in their tank, purchase fully grown, large White Clouds. Don't buy the little ones, or they could get eaten. Have plenty of hiding places, including masses of floating plants.

Hope this helps.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    I've kept White Clouds for a few years, now. They are good in cooler water. They aren't particularly dirty, but you still need to keep their tank maintained. White Clouds are a schooling fish, so they need to be in a group of at least seven, preferably more. A 20-gallon tank or larger is best for them. They aren't finicky about food, but a nice balanced fish diet is best. If they're healthy, they'll eat just about anything you give them. It has to be small enough to fit into their mouths, of course. White clouds are good in a tank with Amano and/or Red Cherry Shrimp, assorted snails (not Assassin snails), and lots of live plants. They don't do well in a tank with danios, unless it's a large tank, as the danios tend to be aggressive toward White Clouds, and chase them, causing the minnows to hide. I also have White Clouds in my 65-gallon. They do well with other peaceful community fish. The emphasis is peaceful. I do have glofish and Zebra danios in the larger tank, and because there's plenty of room for everyone, the danios don't bother them. The key is to not overstock.

Right now, I have only the minnows in my 20, along with shrimp and snails. In my 65, I have them in with Crimson-spot Rainbow fish, Rosy Barbs, Dojo Loaches, Amano Shrimp and assorted snails, along with a very few danios.

If White Clouds breed in your tank, the fry will have an irridescent bluish tint to their bodies, making them look like tiny neon tetras. As they mature, they will take on the adult silver color with red tails.

White Clouds are fun to keep, and easy to keep. Unfortunately, some big box stores use them as feeders in their fish departments. Don't buy them there. Go to a reputable LFS, instead.

If you have larger fish in their tank, purchase fully grown, large White Clouds. Don't buy the little ones, or they could get eaten. Have plenty of hiding places, including masses of floating plants.

Hope this helps.
    thank you so much that helps a lot :)