· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for showing us your fish - RiversGirl   Have a tetra for sharing your imperials with us ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

Default How to attach this moss to spiderwood?

0 Not allowed!
    This moss is very fragile and not quite sure which would be the best way to attach it to my wood without destroying it in process...
    Please advise, thank you!

IMG_3070.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I'd use fishing line
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for showing us your fish - RiversGirl   Have a tetra for sharing your imperials with us ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I was worried that fishing line would cut into the plants?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Just tie it loosely, not too tight...just enough to hold it to the DW..I've used it w/moss with success, the moss will grow out around it, and hide the fishing line, as well as the "cinching" of the moss from being tied

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Another thing you could do is put it into a net bag, and tie the bag to the DW...the moss will grow through the netting

I use those plastic net bags from the grocery store that vegetables/fruits are sometimes sold in...just rinse thoroughly before use, in case of any pesticide residue

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Another thing you could do is put it into a net bag, and tie the bag to the DW...the moss will grow through the netting

I use those plastic net bags from the grocery store that vegetables/fruits are sometimes sold in...just rinse thoroughly before use, in case of any pesticide residue
    Perfect, thank you!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    You are very welcome.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I prefer thread over fishing line. Fishing line is rigid and awkward to wrap. Thread can be wrapped securely yet loose, and you don't need to tie it off as it will stay wrapped without knotting the ends.

22136911_10155669163263608_3407781476433752438_o.jpg

"It's my whimsical colorful slice of paradise." - Debra Mozurkewich, RIP

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I prefer thread over fishing line. Fishing line is rigid and awkward to wrap. Thread can be wrapped securely yet loose, and you don't need to tie it off as it will stay wrapped without knotting the ends.

22136911_10155669163263608_3407781476433752438_o.jpg
    Will the thread dissolve over time?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Oh wow! Amazing growth on that moss!! :O