· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle - Slaphppy7   Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Great job researching the plant weights. - Silbar   Have a tetra for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your new Corys! - Silbar   

Default Meetup in Las Vegas NV

2 Not allowed!
    Hi fish peeps...

I'm just dropping by to let folks know a Meetup for Tropical fish enthusiasts is starting this month in Las Vegas, in case you or someone you know lives in Sin City.

The first meeting will be Wed. Sept 27 at 7:00p at Pisces Reef Fish Emporium on the west side. Sign up for Meetups happens here: meetup.com/Nevada-Aquatic-Plants-Enthusiasts-Las-Vegas-Meetup/events/243287888/

I'm excited!

PS I'm fairly new to the hobby. I'm really enjoying it!
    ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

29g planted freshwater tank
    AC70 HOB
    Satellite Pro LED 24-36 20W 20-LEDs (14-6500K 6-RGBW)
    Tahitian Moon Sand w/some Flourite

STOCK LIST:
    8 Bloodfin Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    10 Amano Shrimp
    5 Dream Blue Velvet Shrimp
    5 Sky Blue Velvet Shrimp
    10 Assassin Snails

Planted 29g journal

BUCKETS

"Mulder, where are you?"
    "Hey, lesson here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss."
    "If it sounds like a fact, it is a fact."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    So so so so so jealous. The kiwis look at me kike i am a but job for wanting to do this. And then look at me as mental for wanting to fly over to one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Would love to be able to go to an event where I'm surrounded by fellow fish nerds. Jealous!

"It's my whimsical colorful slice of paradise." - Debra Mozurkewich, RIP

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    No fish clubs in NM? I have to drive a bit to the Greenwater Aquarist meetings, but its nice to be around a bunch of fish enthusiasts. I would love to make time to get to the Grater Chicago Cichlid society-but they meet Sunday nights and after cooking and laundry/cleaning I am too pooped to drive to a meeting to see what they are about. They have a $150 fee to be a member, but you can attend as a guest 3 times (I think-or maybe 2?) so I want to try them out since cichlids aren't really my thing right now. I know there are a couple in WI too-but Milwaukee is pretty far, and I think the other is in Manitowoc-really far. I know someone who goes to all of the (not so) local clubs, he lives in IN and goes to the 3 clubs in IL, one in IA and one in Milwaukee WI. Thats a lot of traveling in a month!
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    You guys really do not know how lucky you are in the usa. So easy to be able to do things. Mind sets are so open. People are more talkative and less reclusive conservative.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    It is wonderful that there are opportunities to gather with like-minded enthusiasts for some members. I hope that those who can, do -- and relish the experience.
    Oh, and please do share new things that are learned at those gatherings, back here with us.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle - Slaphppy7   Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Great job researching the plant weights. - Silbar   Have a tetra for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your new Corys! - Silbar   

Default Nevada Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts meetup

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So so so so so jealous. The kiwis look at me kike i am a but job for wanting to do this. And then look at me as mental for wanting to fly over to one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Would love to be able to go to an event where I'm surrounded by fellow fish nerds. Jealous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    No fish clubs in NM? I have to drive a bit to the Greenwater Aquarist meetings, but its nice to be around a bunch of fish enthusiasts. I would love to make time to get to the Grater Chicago Cichlid society-but they meet Sunday nights and after cooking and laundry/cleaning I am too pooped to drive to a meeting to see what they are about. They have a $150 fee to be a member, but you can attend as a guest 3 times (I think-or maybe 2?) so I want to try them out since cichlids aren't really my thing right now. I know there are a couple in WI too-but Milwaukee is pretty far, and I think the other is in Manitowoc-really far. I know someone who goes to all of the (not so) local clubs, he lives in IN and goes to the 3 clubs in IL, one in IA and one in Milwaukee WI. Thats a lot of traveling in a month!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You guys really do not know how lucky you are in the usa. So easy to be able to do things. Mind sets are so open. People are more talkative and less reclusive conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    It is wonderful that there are opportunities to gather with like-minded enthusiasts for some members. I hope that those who can, do -- and relish the experience.
    Oh, and please do share new things that are learned at those gatherings, back here with us.

Only two weeks away!! I think there's at least four of us to start. I hope they all come! I will make a report.

Maybe there will be some people who travel from other places.

So far all of my livestock have lived (knock on wood), but I have killed a lot of plants, LOL. So this should be very helpful. (Thanks again to all who have been supporting me through the plant education process, LOL).

Mac, I do think Americans feel free to reinvent themselves and their lives every so often (I know I have several times). People here also expect to be free to hang onto the past in whatever way suits them (cowboys, and Elvis impersonators, and such). A lot of people in Las Vegas have migrated here from somewhere else. There are New York style pizza joints all over here. Las Vegas is sometimes referred to as "the ninth island," as many people from Hawaii have migrated here. There are also a lot of Filipino women (where are the men?), especially nurses and teachers.
    ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

29g planted freshwater tank
    AC70 HOB
    Satellite Pro LED 24-36 20W 20-LEDs (14-6500K 6-RGBW)
    Tahitian Moon Sand w/some Flourite

STOCK LIST:
    8 Bloodfin Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    10 Amano Shrimp
    5 Dream Blue Velvet Shrimp
    5 Sky Blue Velvet Shrimp
    10 Assassin Snails

Planted 29g journal

BUCKETS

"Mulder, where are you?"
    "Hey, lesson here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss."
    "If it sounds like a fact, it is a fact."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Nope. No fish nerds here. There's about three of us that take the hobby to any serious level of knowledge. I was just talking to Mac about how everyone here are "gravel" people. Petsmart gravel, fake plants, giant bubble wands... In our local FB group, I am considered as one of the more experienced people. That whole video I made in which I was ripping plants out of my sand and stirring it up was original for my FB group because everyone thinks I'm reckless having a sand bed. These people here are so dense that when they buy crypts from me I will provide them with plenty of warning and articles about crypt melt, and they still come crying a week later saying all the crypts "died" and had to be thrown away... I would wager that half to three quarters of the people I sell my plants to end up killing them :/

I would love to go to an expo. Just not possible for me right now. Jr. just started school and the missus just went back to work for the first time in five years. Can't really justify taking off at such a sensitive time. :(

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Boof you and i am sure could go on for ages and ages. Something which to ve honest i enjoy. Gets it out of the system.

@jana filipino women??
    Here its Japanese Chinese and Filipino taiwanese.
    All the kiwi men who have married into these nationalities seem so happy. Its such a systematic problem kiwi women are virtually unable to find a male interested in them. But i wont go on about that. Pm if you want more details.

Some how with all the face book forwards i habe been foing a few shops with importation licenses have started to look at new speices to import.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    When you say "kiwi" @mac, are you referring to an indigenous tribe or is that like a derogatory term of some sort?