· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   

Default Finally going back to a pickup truck!

2 Not allowed!
    After nearly 6yrs of being without a pickup, I'm getting a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 on Monday! I know most really don't care (lol) but after having my previous truck from 1999-2012 and driving a Malibu since, this is an exciting time for me, lol.

Long story short, my lease is up in November so I contacted my salesman last week about leasing either an Equinox or a Silverado. Later that day he came back with a 3yr/30k deal for $300/mo. Needless to say that was too much for a lease as I'm only paying $245/mo now on my Malibu. I put my foot down and told him that I would not go over $265/mo and left it at that.

Today I get a text from him asking me to call. He tells me his new car sales manager told him to knock as much money off of the sticker to get to the $265 tag, AND I got to pick the color..... Siren Red.

Can't wait for next week to come! Although we are going away for the weekend to do some fishing, lol.
    * 100gal show
    - planted w/ Crypts, Vals and Amazon Swords
    - Neons, Marble Angelfish, Sunset Honey Gouramis, BN Pleco, Spotted Sailfin
    Pleco, Odessa Barbs, Corydoras schwartzi, Corydoras panda, GB Rams
    * Fluval Spec V
    - 3 fancy guppies, 1 Serpae Tetra, 1 Black Phantom Tetra
    - planted w/ Vals and Crypts
    * Fluval Spec V
    - 3 fancy guppies, 2 Serpae Tetras
    - planted w/ Water Onions and Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm excited for you! I've been without a pick up since I got my 88 suburban about 10 years ago. I wanted better mileage so I picked up a Pontiac g6 and an old beater for hunting. I plan to pick up a pickup 2018-2019. Just gotta pay off the Pontiac, I drive way too many miles traveling to go without the car, kiddo made flying too expensive lol.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep!  DIE, BBA! - WhistlingBadger   Enjoy the season! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats! It would be a big deal for me too. I'm happy for you!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because :) - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    My first vehicle was 1997 Chevy Silverado, I miss the convenience. Can't haul a lot in my mini cooper haha!
    A single frog sparked an interest, the pursuit of knowledge fueled my passion.
    1g: Home of the Homicidal Guppy
    5g: Single Female Koi Betta
    10g: ADF, Guppies and Otos
    29g: Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

merry xmas XD - genocidex   for your kind words! - C-Dub   Welcome Skinner! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Rue   Happy B-Day! - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    Just curious -- is it a better deal to lease a vehicle than to buy one outright?
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Wonderful news indeed. Wished they were more redily avalible. They sound better than the tiny japanes motors.

As for leasing. I know in NZ most new vechils are around $200.00-$500.00a month to lease. If your a contractor or in business it is a tax benif to claim on.
    Also elimiates running cost of service and tire changes depemdoimh on the company you lease from. With a end deal to purchase the car out right after so many years.

When I was contracting it ended up being the total value of the lease taken off my tax bill. Which was great for me. $45,000.00 income and a tax bill of $1,000.00 for a whole year. Some how just working for some one makes you completly screwed!!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know why you switched to a car to start with, lol. After my first truck, an F150 4x4, I wouldn't go back to driving cars unless absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Just curious -- is it a better deal to lease a vehicle than to buy one outright?
    I don't see how myself. I shop around until I find a used truck in good condition and buy it. My current '04 GMC Sierra has been paid off for years, has around 97k on it, and aside from the rusted off tail pipe and a check engine light (likely an O2 sensor, runs fine) has nothing really wrong with it. I don't see the point in eating the depreciation on a new one as soon as you drive it off the lot, or leasing one you'll pay as long as you drive it for but never own.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't lease due to the amount of miles I put on a rig most of the time. I've run just shy of 50,000 in single year more than once and regularly ran about 30,000 miles a year. Since moving its much lower but a lease would still be very restrictive for me. So I do like @toddnbecka and look around for something low mileage couple years used and have someone else eat the depreciation and pay what I consider a decent price.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The reson I went to a car was to save money. I needed to get rid of my 13yr old Sierra as it was costing too much money on repairs. With a wife and 2 kids (both in sports) a car seemed logical as well as economical.

Leasing a vehicle depends on several factors to determine whether its the right decision for you. First off, I NEVER put money down on a lease, ever. If you only drive 10-12k miles/yr and like a new vehicle every 2-3yrs then a lease may be right for you.
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    * Fluval Spec V

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    In the excitement of picking up my truck I forgot about this post. Here's a pic of it right after I got home....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    * Fluval Spec V