· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Temperament of The Sand Loach???

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone know the typical temperament of the Sand Loach? I just got one today, he's a little guy of a bout 2.5 inches still. I didn't think it would be an issue. My Dojo Loach is pretty bold and resilient. He is much larger though at about 6 in. The Sand loach is so far much more active than he was in the store tank. That I like. My concern is that two feedings now and he hasnt been real assertive in getting his share of the food. First feeding he was still in hiding. Second feeding now and I am sure he was hungry, as he did root around, however he stayed to the corners and sides rather than jumping right into the feeding frenzy. I noticed as well that he has a fin nip. I don't know if he had it when I got him or not. I am keeping a close eye on possible assailants in the Aquarium. Any input is appreciated. Lets go loach people. What do we know.
    Last edited by Ms. Namazu; 07-13-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: edited smiley

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Really, nobody has a sand loach...... anyway he seems to have warmed up substantially. He is a shy eater. he prefers to find the crevices food gets stuck in rather than battle it out in the middle of the tank. He will find a sweet spot and stay there. There hasn't been anymore fin nipping. I can't wait to fatten him up though.

0 Not allowed!
    Sand loach is a common fish store name. Posting the species name for your fish will yeild better results.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    Sand loach is a common fish store name. Posting the species name for your fish will yeild better results.
    +1 i used to have a fast stream tank when i was younger which contained two "Hongkong plecos" which were Hillstream loaches.
    15 Gallon Tarantula tank - Completed. - 1x Lasiodora parahybana
    55 Gallon South-America tank - Neverending. - 10x Nannostomus trifasciatus, 4x Corydoras aeneus, 2x Megalechis thoracata, 2x Acarichthys heckelii
    15 Triassic tank - Planning started. - Possibly a healthy group of Triops cancriformis