· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Red face Baby German Rams!!

0 Not allowed!
    So today after coming home from work, I decided to check out my 20gal tank and looked at my pair of rams. They were hanging at the back of the tank, in a little circle dug from pebbles. However I noticed little white things hanging around them Earlier in the week, the pair had laid eggs but I had thought bacteria or something had gotten to them (boy was I wrong!) I have little german babies swimming around the parents, about 15-20 or so. The video will be added in about 20minutes as Youtube is taking a long time :$
    Last edited by wolfheart2112; 03-29-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations!!! Now the work starts. Hehehe.

Feeding time!!!! I hope all turns out well. Are you keeping the parents with the fry?
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider199 View Post
    Congratulations!!! Now the work starts. Hehehe.

Feeding time!!!! I hope all turns out well. Are you keeping the parents with the fry?
    Yes, I plan on keeping them together so that even if this batch doesn't work out (I hope not!), that they can learn and get better at it each time I'm so happy lmao

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations! Some people say that many aquarium cichlid aggression and bonding issues are caused by improper socialization due to artificial rearing. If this is true, you are on the right track!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    Congratulations! Some people say that many aquarium cichlid aggression and bonding issues are caused by improper socialization due to artificial rearing. If this is true, you are on the right track!
    Thank you! I have a question though. The parents are wild caught from Berlin, does this make the fry F1 generation? I was never really sure how the F1, wild caught labeling thing went..

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    here's the video! Sorry for the bad quality, I was shaking from excitement xD

0 Not allowed!
    As far as I know, blue rams do not occur naturally in the rivers and lakes of Germany, so I will assume they were wild caught in s. America and then bought in Berlin.

F1 refers to the offspring of two wild fish assumed to be of distinct genetic lineages, so in that case you should have F1 fry.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    As far as I know, blue rams do not occur naturally in the rivers and lakes of Germany, so I will assume they were wild caught in s. America and then bought in Berlin.

F1 refers to the offspring of two wild fish assumed to be of distinct genetic lineages, so in that case you should have F1 fry.
    Sorry, I meant to say I bought them from someone in Berlin who caught them in S.A I was told that wild caught do not have as much blue in them and have more vertical barring (read that on here lmao!) so I'm happy I have F1 fry. Feeding them sera micron right now and bloodworms and flakes for the parents. They seem really territorial when my turkey baster goes in to feed the babies! xD

0 Not allowed!
    That's a good sign. Congrats!

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Nice video, thanks for sharing and Congratulations. I hope you will be able to raise them to adulthood.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep