· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default color changing light in fish tank bother fish at night???

0 Not allowed!
    i have a bubble ring that has a color changing light on it that sometimes i use at night...can this stress the fish or anything
    20 gallon- platies, dalmation mollies, cory cats, red belly x ray tetras,gourami, african dwarf frog

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Don't think so. Some reefers use lights at night called moonlight. But it's just unnnatural for freshwater fish
    4ft mbuna mangaino and yellows
    4ft rainbow tank
    4ft planted community
    16g nano planted shrimp and neon tetras
    10g nano reef

0 Not allowed!
    It should not be a problem as long as it is not very bright.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by daimen123 View Post
    Don't think so. Some reefers use lights at night called moonlight. But it's just unnnatural for freshwater fish
    i beg to differ.... moon lights come from, as the name states, the moon. there for all animals should be more natural with a dimm light on most nights. tho the different colors arent natural, i dont think the fish care really.... just make sure your light doesnt change too fast (ie maybe a few mins between colors) and not too bright either, i would say like cheapo flash light bright would be a good brightness
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I meant the different colours of light. But I'm sure where some fish are from they don't often see the moon light.
    4ft mbuna mangaino and yellows
    4ft rainbow tank
    4ft planted community
    16g nano planted shrimp and neon tetras
    10g nano reef

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    oh my bad i thought you meant fresh water fish dont like moon lights at all.... lol. but if fish are color blind (i have no idea...) then the different light wont matter
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    I don't see it hurting the fish or stressing them out either but some fish like to sleep where it's dark. Some of mine go to the bottom of the tank and get into some little space between plants and stay there all night. I have a little night-light in the room that comes on when room lights go off.

0 Not allowed!
    This is a submersible light yes? Underwater lights are unnatural to fish and can stress them out till they get used to it.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeonflame View Post
    Underwater lights are unnatural to fish and can stress them out.
    +1 To this, It's the best reason not to do this imo.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Good point Aeon and 850. Hadn't thought this through very much but you have made perfect sense.