· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Help with Mickey Mouse Platy

0 Not allowed!
    I have a Mickey Mouse Platy in a 5 gallon tank. Tank is cycled and she has been doing very well. However recently she has been spitting out most of her food and been very lethargic acting, just hanging out at the top or bottom of the tank with fins clamped like she's sleeping. And whenever I would get up in the morning and open up the blinds and let the light into the room she would go nuts swimming around because she knew it was time to be fed. Well yesterday and today she slept through that and today has not eaten.

I did a tank vacuum the other day and as a result have had a little Ammonia spike (was .5 today) so I've been doing partial water changes including today. I thought she was stressed because of this but now I just noticed something on her tail. It looks as though there are 3 little white spots on her tail, just above where the mickey mouse mark is. It is hard to get a good look at them but they seem to be white with a little red around them. And when she is swimming away from me they look a little raised but they are on both sides. I thought maybe ich but I'm not sure about the red around them and it's weird that they are in the same spot on both sides of the tail? They are very small and on the ridges of her tail and she is gold with a reddish tail so it is hard to tell 100 percent what the coloring is but I'm pretty sure they are white with red around them. I tried to take a picture but my camera can't focus on the spots and it comes out very dark but can anyone help?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry this has gone unanswered for so long. It sounds to me like some sort of worm or parasite. Have you found any pictures online that look similar?

I know I'm not much help, but if nothing else, BUMP!
    Someday, when I have all the fish tanks I want, I hope to be featured on an episode of animal hoarders.

Received some great advice? Be sure to show your appreciation by giving rep points! Click the scale on the upper right of that wonderful post and tell someone

0 Not allowed!
    The OP actually posted this again, and I did answer their concerns. Their treating with heat and salt. Thanks for bumping this thread up though.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Guess I never saw or connected the two together. Glad they got help. I would hate for someone to ask for help and not receive it.
    Someday, when I have all the fish tanks I want, I hope to be featured on an episode of animal hoarders.

Received some great advice? Be sure to show your appreciation by giving rep points! Click the scale on the upper right of that wonderful post and tell someone

0 Not allowed!
    It's np. So far no new posts from them, so things must be going ok.