· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

Default Rarity of these guys?

0 Not allowed!
    So I had a good look through Planet Catfish and wrote down the plecs I would like to try and get a hold of. I havent visited my LFS yet so I don't know if he can get them, so going to ask you guys first

Really I am just wondering if any of you have seen these available for the aquarium trade, I know some species are basically impossible to get and others are mega $$$ like the Zebra Plecos (L046?).

L024 Redfin Cactus Pleco/Flame Pleco

L025 Scarlet Cactus Pleco

L027, L330 Watermelon Pleco

L093, L153, L195 Blue fin thresher Pleco

L350 Coal Pleco/Peruvian Lyre-tail Pleco

Royal Pleco (forgot to write the L-number)

Also if anyone knows of a quriky but more readily available Pleco I'd love to hear. My quirkiest pleco the now is a L262

Thanks, ScottishFish
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    PlanetCatfish lists breeders for specific species.
    Also check out
    http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/
    http://www.plecoworld.org/modules.php?name=Forums
    http://www.bristlenoseworld.com/forum

You didn't ask for advice, but here's mine. Start with some uncommon BN and work your way up to the more expensive ones. Losing L-plecos provides for an expensive education. Breeding plecos for fun and profit takes PATience and perseverance.

One of the best suppliers in the country is the "Fantastic Fins" shop in Livonia Michigan. Beware. No one leaves that shop without fish.

One online seller is http://www.unungy.com/

Do NOT order online if you aren't able to read the listing and fully understand what it says. If the ad says "I think this is..." then it probably isn't.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    One problem . . . I'm across the pond

I hope to get to my lfs on friday and will see what he can get me, even if I could get one of those listed. I just don't know how scarce they are

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Royal plecs, including L330 on your list are fairly easy to come by here.
    Thar she blows!!!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear that, even if I can get one of those

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    One problem . . . I'm across the pond
    I can tell you didn't check out PlecoPlanet or Plecoworld yet. ;-)
    Many of the participants are on the European side of the world and many are at the bottom of world.
    There are even participants in Scotland.

If you do get to Michigan, we've got a few of the better fish shops in the USA within two hours of each other.
    Last edited by dbosman; 05-09-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    My apologies! Usually all the websites advised are from U.S and never apply to us. I will have a look through them now that I know some will be on my side of the globe for a change

Awards Showcase

Default Update

0 Not allowed!
    I have just returned from my LFS, he siad he can get royal plecs from his fish guy. He did say occasionally, like once a year, he gets fancy plecs like the cactus ones but he can't gaurantee on when he will be able to get them again. SOOOO he is going to get me a royal pleco he didn't specify what L-number so will have to wait and see!! If I'm in any doubt of the classification when I get it I will no doubt open an I'D thread so keep your eyes peeled, will post a pic of the pleco when I get it, it may be a few weeks away though

9. Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    My 2 bulldog pleco's went in today they have spent most of the day bullying each other over the rock cave.
    1) 140 gallon with 70 gallon sump. 1 German Rams, 50 neons , 16 Schwarzi cory, 10 harlequin rasbora, 6 Hengals Rasbora, 2 Bulldog Plecs, 4x dwarf Gouramis, 12 golden barbs, 12 cherry barbs,8 Yellow Boesemani Rainbows and loads of assasin snails. Sump has central heating pump. water flows through a 4 layer foam and 1- 2kg of bio, also has a 18"x 18" algae scrubber that works well. fluval U2 to transfer to my QT when needed

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear that