· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Marineland® BioWheel® LED Aquarium Kit

0 Not allowed!
    hi, i bought the Marineland® BioWheel® LED Aquarium Kit a few weeks ago and im letting it cycle atm. It looks real nice and the LED looks amazing especially with the night LED. but i read reveiws and i heard the tank is horrible for plants, and i plan on transfering plants from my old tank to this one. i dont mind using low light plants. i just want to know did anyone buy this kit and try it with plants? And my main plant in my other tank is a "hygrophila corymbosa stricta" i read both that this is a low light and a medium light plant. Will it survive in my tank you think? and is it safe buying plants online? where do you guys get yours?

0 Not allowed!
    Try this guy for plants. I was sent there by a member here.

Good prices and cheap shipping

http://myworld.ebay.com/mikeswetpets/

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It wouldn't hurt to just try some cuttings in your new tank and see if they will grow. If not you will need to either get better led's in a retrofit kit, or even supplement the led's you have with 1 or 2 retrofit t-5 flourescent lights. Good luck, not sure how many gallons this tank is so some low light plants might be okay, or even some floating ones.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by openbook
    It wouldn't hurt to just try some cuttings in your new tank and see if they will grow. If not you will need to either get better led's in a retrofit kit, or even supplement the led's you have with 1 or 2 retrofit t-5 flourescent lights. Good luck, not sure how many gallons this tank is so some low light plants might be okay, or even some floating ones.
    sorry thought i posted it, its 29 gallons. are there good or decent lights that i can like stick to the hood i already have to add extra light? the way the hood is set up you cant add tube lighting only the LED panal it came with. I wouldnt mind adding a new light to go along with the LED, i just dont want to pay 40-50 bucks for a brand new hood. Also if i cant, could i just get a normal lamp and shine light through the glass to get some more light going on?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    These gro beams are led's for planted tanks. http://americanaquariumproducts.com/LEDLights.html
    They also have t-2 flourescent lights. I've never seen a t-2 before but t-5 lights are tiny so the t-2 will be even smaller.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by openbook
    These gro beams are led's for planted tanks. http://americanaquariumproducts.com/LEDLights.html
    They also have t-2 flourescent lights. I've never seen a t-2 before but t-5 lights are tiny so the t-2 will be even smaller.
    The LED lights are to pricey. However the T-2 seem affordable. do i need a new hood with these or do they mount on the bottem of any hood with screws or a sticky adhesive?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I believe those are meant to mount into an existing hood. T-5 bulbs are more common but the t-2's are the newest thing out right now. They almost equal leds on efficiancy.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-snickers
    And my main plant in my other tank is a "hygrophila corymbosa stricta" i read both that this is a low light and a medium light plant. Will it survive in my tank you think? and is it safe buying plants online? where do you guys get yours?
    I don't have LED's but, I do have this plant above. It's growing well in T8 lighting at like 1 watt per gallon. It's a slower grower, but looks nice. As long as light is hitting this, I would find it hard to believe it's not going to survive and grow.

If however you do run into problems, you could probably get a simple T8 and place it behind the aquarium to add to the lighting for the plants. Many options there, hang on wall behind angled down from near top, let sit on it's side behind angled up or directly in, etc.
    Last edited by bignellm; 05-08-2012 at 12:50 PM.