· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Do you agree?

1. Default Do you agree?

0 Not allowed!
    This blog post of a finance tracker website has got me intrigued. Especially with fish as a pet having the lowest cost.

Do you think this is true? : Lifetime Costs of Pets
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

0 Not allowed!
    I somewhat agree. I do think fish are the least expensive type of pet (usually, there are of course exceptions with people who buy a bunch of tanks or maybe get a SW tank). I do have to partly disagree with some things though, such as that food will cost $800.00, especially when considering that it only has supplies listed as $400.00. Well actually, I think this entire thing just depends on what fish you own and how you treat it, what size tank you have, etc.

Anyway, I notice I am just blabbering on. I do agree it is probably the cheapest pet to own.
    American League Champions! TIGERS!

0 Not allowed!
    a single goldfish yea.

I'd hate to total up what I've spent in 3 years lol
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

Lightbulb Pet rock FTW :-P

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pjaldave

Do you think this is true? : Lifetime Costs of Pets
    No, I do not.
    You could hardly call the list comprehensive since they do not include many many types of pets such as snakes, spiders, scorpions & sea monkeys just ottomh.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Fish are expensive when you factor in time as well. Anyone who thinks fish are low maintenance pets probably shouldn't keep fish.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ &quot;genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol&quot;  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    hey! i think my fish are low maintenance but thats cause i enjoy keeping them clean lol
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i think not. Because a pet hamster you think

-supplies: $30 can get you a pretty nice cage, with bowls and water bottle included; another $30 gets you all sorts of toys and the house for them to live in
    -food: hamsters eat so little, that where i go i can get 2 lbs of food which lasts 2 months and costs $3.
    -bedding: recycle and use shredded paper from old newspapers and mail.

Definitely cheapest animal is a hamster. :) The above total comes out to $72 for the first year plus the $10 for the hamster, and years after that its $60 cheaper due to not needing another cage and toys. I spend $300+ every year on fish, plus you have to factor in the energy costs to run all the equipment, and the money to buy the stock and the tank and stand and equipment in the first place...

Disagree totally. With my proof. :)
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Definately not. The time, food, equipment, SW changes, not to mention initial startup add up. I mix 55 Gallons at a time just for my weekly SW water changes. Although inexpensive, I have to add the Prime as a cost as well. I use a variety of foods such as Shrimp, Octopus and Squid as well as Mysis and Brine shrimp. Thats just my Eel tank. The additives, Phyto plankton and Cyclops I need for my 24G cube adds up as well...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)