· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: ADF eggs??

1. Default ADF eggs??

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all.

I currently have 2 ADF's (What I'm not suspecting are a mixed pair) and 5 Silver Hatchets in a 15g tank. Today when feeding the hatchets I noticed a thick layer of tiny white bubbles forming in a line on the right wall of the tank, and a few clinging on to plants near the surface.

Now, I've had one of my ADF's for around two months. Before I got the second one, I never saw him, fed him every day or three but he never ate, and I often suspected he was dead after not seeing him for several days... Fast forward to last week, I add a 2nd ADF from petsmart, and he seemed to instantly perk up. Ever since then, I've been seeing a lot of both of them every day -- And even hearing them sing for the first time on the 2nd day, carefully feeding and making sure the worms land in an easy to get to location in the tank, so they've both been getting well fed.

Do you guys think they could have mated up this quick? Or do you think they may belong to the hatchets? I really don't have any interest in raising the eggs right now, but might if I have a spare tank next time they do it... Noticed the hatchets nipping at the free floating ones. Do you all think they'll take care of most of them if they do end up hatching?
    If I think I'm gonna have a bad time, I've got a little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I dont know if that would be frog eggs, but if it is, from what ive been told by a LFS worker who actually seems very knowledgable, they are VERY hard to raise if you are trying to raise them. He started out with hundreds of eggs, and moved them to their own tank. He said it had to be at least 100 of them that actually hatched. By the time they were ready to be sold, he had 3, and didnt bother selling them.

That being said, i dont think you will have to worry about unwanted frogs from this batch since you are not ready for them. Between the parents, the filter, and the hatchets, they will probably all die. Good luck raising them if you ever try that! I want to try it sometime.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything