· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default featherfin catfish turned predatory?

0 Not allowed!
    so i have had my featherfin cat for 2 years now and he has got along fine with my celebes rainbows and other fish. Even if a fish died, he would not eat the body. He is also housed with a vampire shrimp and a few ghost shrimp which he has not eaten.

About a week ago i decided to restock my celebes rainbows to a total of 7 and got also added 6 cardinal tetras.

Well now i only have 3 celebs rainbows and no bodies, but still all 6 cardinal tetras remain unharmed.

So only thing i can think of is that my featherfin after 2 years of gentleness has turned predatory. either that or my pleco and chinese algae eater(hes only about 3 long) have turned predatory.

can featherfins be predatory?

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Catfish can often be very dificult to identify. Was you catfish sold under the nam Synodontis eupterus? These types of fish are always mistakenly sold under wrong names. Chances are your cat is going to get bigger, and hungrier.

Another possibility is that you chinese algae eater has became more aggressive, proceeded to kill your fish, then between the cafish, pleco and whoever else is in the tank have tried to 'hide the evidence'
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .