· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default I'm realy upset. Lost another fish today!

0 Not allowed!
    Ever since I got home from my 4 week stay at the hospital, I had 3 fish die on me. First was my Dwarf Blue Gourami died on 4/01/12. His stomach was large, but just like it usually gets after he eats, nothing really unusual about it. Then my male Molly died about a week later. It appeared to have columnaris, along with my female Molly and my two Sliver Mollies. I treated the tank with Maracyn Two, and that cured my other Mollies. I then did 50% water changes the next two weeks. Got my ammonia back to 0ppm and Nitrate around 20ppm. Now, this morning, my Dwarf Red Gourami died. His stomach was large like my other Gourami, but again, not out of the ordinary. I had just feed them about 30 minutes before he died.

While I was in the hospital, there wasn't anybody to do my water changes, but as soon as I got home, I did a 50% change the next day. My parameters were a little higher than the should have been, but I kept doing the water 50% water change until I got them back in line.

My wife did add water as need to the tank, using Prime, but it just seems like I've lost control of my tank, and slowly losing my fish.

This is very frustrating for me. How can I continue to work on setting up my 75gl when I can't even take care of my fish in the 30gl?

BTW: I had all 3 fish that died from 6 to 8 months.

Ghpr13:(
    Last edited by Ghpr13; 04-21-2012 at 06:28 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Hard to say really. Did their scales look like pineconing.......like the scales were sticking out? Could have been internal worms, internal bacterial problem........any number of things. Sometimes fish just die and we never know what caused it.

Sounds like you did all you could. I did notice where you wrote the Gourami's stomach got huge like it did after eating. Fish are not supposed to eat so much their stomaches get huge. Fish flakes can also swell up in their stomaches causing constipation. You may want to try to get them on a pellet food or feed your fish less often.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lady Hobbs,
    First I want to thank you for your reply. Second I wanted you to know right after I posted I had some more health problems, and that's what has taken me so long to reply back. I didn't want you thinking I just ignored your reply.

I'm better now, so you show see me make to posting.

Thank you again. I fine your replies always helpful.
    Ghpr13:)

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear your heath problems have improved and hope they continue to do so. Sorry you have had a turn of bad luck lately.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Glad to hear your heath problems have improved and hope they continue to do so. Sorry you have had a turn of bad luck lately.
    Ditto! stay healthy
    29g fresh planted community 1 Thick Lipped Sunset Gourami, 5 pristella x-ray tetras, 6 neon tetras and 3 platies with amazon sword and rotala indinca
    2.5g Betta tank with 1 male
    10 Gallon QT tank 3 MM Platy