· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Swim Bladder??????

0 Not allowed!
    For the last 2 weeks or so my betta has been floating on the top corner of the tank sleeping pretty much. Sometimes hes upright and sometimes hes on his side. He seems to swim around only the very top of the tank for a few minutes then goes back to the corner. He has no issue eating. I only feed him 2 pellets a day and none on sundays. He looks bloated like his belly is large. I am not home 10 hours a day so i really dont know if he is going to the bathroom. Temp is 80 degrees and water parameters are fine. Could he have swim bladder? if so is there some way i can cure it. hes been around now for 2 1/2 years so hes my buddy. dont want anything to happen to him. corys seem fine no issues there. Like i said he just sits in the top corner never moves except a few minutes a day but only on the top and he looks tipped over and bloated

0 Not allowed!
    With him falling to his side, it sounds like it. Swim bladder can be a sign of internal bacterial problems or gas bubbles, as well. I would feed him nothing but cooked peas for a few days and see if he improves. Betta's life spans are only a couple years old and we never know how old they are when we purchase them.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!

this is where he sits all day and night unless provoked or i put food in 24 hours no food for him.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Seriously starting to scare me........haven't fed him food in 2 dash except peas. He just sits I'm the corner of the tank and today he isfloating on his side in the corner I keep thinking he is dead but when I tap glass he moves then lays back down

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    :( Maybe at this point it just means he is old and coming to his time. :( 2 1/2 years is a nice long time to have a betta. You must have taken good care of him. Like LH said above, you never know how old they are when you get them. He looks like he was a beautiful betta in his prime.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything