· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default My favorite betta.

0 Not allowed!
    I have a crowntail betta named Harold who has always been my favorite. He has always lived with other fish (mainly guppies) and has never been aggressive. He seems to live happily in a community tank and never beats up on the other fish, or gets beat up himself. Does anyone else have a betta that gets along well with others? Is it a common misconception that bettas can't live with other fish? I realize other male bettas would cause problems, but my betta doesn't seem to mind his tank mates at all.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my male Betta lives with tetras, no problems i have even watched them swim together. i do make sure to watch closely and look for signs that they are not getting along.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It is a misconception. There are some fish you still shouldn't put a Betta with but they are not as solitary as people think they are. There's actually quite a variety of fish they can live with :)
    3 Gallon Planted Betta Tank
    4 gallon planted Aqueon Evolve Dwarf Puffer Tank

0 Not allowed!
    My Betta Tiberius, and my Daughter's Kasai, both actually really like the otto cats in with them. LOL
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Its cool to hear of others having friendly Bettas :) They deserve full size aquariums! Not vases or small desktop containers because people think they have to be alone. They add an awesome touch to a community aquarium with peaceful fish.

Awards Showcase

Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 
    Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    It is not a misconception, but like most fish each betta has it's own personality. My father and daughter had betta's that would kill anything they tried to put in the tank with them. I had a betta that seemed to enjoy the company of 11 glowlight tetra's and some cory's in his tank. Those same glowlights are now in my daughters tank with another betta who tolerates them.
    It's hit or miss with betta's. The main thing is to be prepared to remove it to it's own appropriate sized cycled aquarium that has a heater and filter if he decides he doesn't like company, but it doesn't hurt to try one in a community tank.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea they can be aggressive sometimes. I stick to tank mates that do not have long flowing fins and that are not bigger then the Betta seems to be working good. but i agree with above poster it mostly depends on the Betta if they will be good in a community take or in there own 5-10gallon home.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    I've got one betta who won't even flare at his own reflection and would probably do well in a community setting, and then I've got a couple who freak out if you so much as look at them funny. It all depends on the betta

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My betta doesnt mind his tankmates at all. He lives with 6 glowlight tetras and a zebra nerite snail. He doesnt even get mad when the tetras steal his pellets instead of eating their food (the tetras cant eat the pellets they are too big, they just swim around with them in their mouths).