· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Loaches-Compatibility?

0 Not allowed!
    Hey all, I have recently added 3 loaches (not sure which type-in the store they were named "Reticulated Loaches") to my tank which currently houses Rummynose Tetras, Neon Tetras, Harlequin Rasboras, Cherry/Rosy Barbs, White Clouds and Corys.

I want to know if the Loaches will attack the other fish in the tank as I have read MANY mixed thoughts and opinions on placing Loaches with smaller fish like Tetras etc. If anyone has first-hand experience with Loaches and smaller fish I would like to know if they showed any aggressive behaviour?

Thanks all,
    Josh

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    does it look like this? different loaches have different persoalities, so with me not knowing that loach name im not sure. If it looks like this, then it says they are generally peaceful, but a boisterous fish. They call it a yoyo loach. It gets up to 6" and needs to be in a school though.

10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes the loaches look a lot like that one (I tried to take a picture but each one was really blurry). When I bought them the employee told me they could be kept in a school of 3 at the absolute minumum. The reason I didnt buy 5 was because I think my tank is already a little overcrowded. But thanks for the advice I think I will buy 2 more soon.

Josh

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    if its that loach above then its a pakistani loach /yoyo loach. they are a mixed bag. alot of people have never had an issue. however in the animal world if its fits in their mouth, then its food, and some have had them eat smaller fish, but id say thats as long as they are well fed thats probably a rarity.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yoyo loaches are often used as snail eaters. I really like them and hope to have a tank with them soon.