· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

Default Calling All Angelfish Lovers!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys, I really would like your help here. After a discussion yesterday I have decided to compile a list, a veeeeery long list, of different lifespans of aquarium kept fishes. It will probably take me a year to compile a large list of FW fish. So I have decided to start with angelfish. I am looking to find out two things here;

1) How long can they live
    2) When do they reach adult size.

Basically I would like to find the oldest angelfish, I dont mind if you personaly have not kept the fish, aslong as any ages you decide to give me are pretty accurate. I dont mind if it is from someone you know, or through a lfs. As long as it is a reliable source.

Please no Urban Legends, e.g, a guy my dad knows, has a son, whos girlfriends grandfather was friendly with a sailor who was married to a woman who kept an angelfish and lived to 100 years . . . .

If you believe it yourself then thats good enough for me!

Replies feel free to PM if you would rather not publish on the forum.

Thanks, ScottishFish
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    You will be a varity of answers here as some measure fin to fin and others only body size and neglect to mention fin length at all.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Good point lady hobbs, body size is more accurate I think.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Just bumping this thread, had some response, still would love to hear from more of you

0 Not allowed!
    I've had one live five years when I wasn't even into fishkeeping and the water only got changed once every other week, it was in a lightly stocked 29 gallon though. I assume they can probably live around 10 years with proper care and even longer with really good care, I'll let some other people share their experiences though.
    American League Champions! TIGERS!

0 Not allowed!
    If a person checks online, it says 10-12 years is average for angelfish but there are always exceptions due to water temps. Higher water temps increase metabolism to induce spawning but increased metabolism will also shorten life spans. That would be true in all fish as well as stress, water changes, tanks sizes, etc.

I do think trying to compile a list of lifespans will be impossible with so many different fish and so many fish kept in less than "perfect" conditions especially if it will require a new thread for every species of fish out there.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I do realise it is a mammoth task, but I have a shortlist of main aquarium kept fish. So angels I only asked as a species as there is a subforum. I have maybe 15 commonly kept sa cichlids and I was going to post the list for them on sunday. I realise doing every fish sp is stupidly implssible,that's why I am going for common aquaria ones. I know everyone can do a google search and get rough answers, my list is hopefully going to be a tad more accurate, from mostly firsthand experience.