· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Do you have Pangio Kuhli Loaches? What meds in their med cabinet?

0 Not allowed!
    Hello! Please help stock my aquarium cabinet for my beloved Pangio Kuhli loaches.

Living in foreign country. Products limited choices and all imported, so quite expensive. Cheaper to buy other products you might recommend even if must order online and pay the international shipping to get it. But shipping takes 14 - 21 days.

Want to stock my aquarium cabinet IN ADVANCE for the products needed for the Pangio Kuhli loaches to save time and money.

Please tell me what medicines or any other water care chemicals or products you use to care for your pangio loaches!! Medicines most important.

What do you use for Ick?
    For Fungus?
    For parasites/other illnesses?

Also, not just medicines, but anything else you use such as water treatment chemicals or any other products SPECIFICALLY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE LOACHES...please share!!

Thank you in advance for your kind help.
    50 gal - finally fish! 11 pangio kuhli loaches, 10 neon tetras, 4 zebra danios, 3 cherry barbs, 3 guppies
    10 gal - temporarily closed
    5 gal - temporarily closed

Proverbs 11:14 & 15:22 -- Thanks for your help!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think you should stock a whole medicine cabinet before you purchse the fish. When it comes to khulis they are pretty tough little guys. If you make sure your tank is cycled and matured (4months roughly) before adding khulis then you should have no problem with them. Ofcourse you do need a regular tank maintenence schedule of pwc and monthly maintenance. If you spend a lot of money on medicine, then never use it chances are it will go out of date and then you will have wasted money.

A decent dechlorinator is one thing you will most definately need.
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    I don't think you should stock a whole medicine cabinet before you purchse the fish. When it comes to khulis they are pretty tough little guys. If you make sure your tank is cycled and matured (4months roughly) before adding khulis then you should have no problem with them.
    Thank you. Advice taken. Already using dechlorinator. Already aware of need to keep pristine water conditions for them and prepared for weekly tank cleaning, PWC, maintenance.

Unfortunately, waiting 4 months for mature tank before adding loaches is not an option. Didn't do my research earlier. Mistake already made. Already have Kuhli loaches waiting in another tank until the 50g is cycled. They are the main reason I removed ALL the fish and decided to fishless cycle. But lesson learned. WILL NOT PURCHASE MORE LOACHES until sure the tank is stable and mature...several months from now.

In the meantime, due to shipping time and high costs, question still remains of getting a small supply of emergency meds that Loaches can tolerate for the most common illnesses such as Ick, Fungus, etc and any other special supplies they would need.

Any suggestions folks?
    50 gal - finally fish! 11 pangio kuhli loaches, 10 neon tetras, 4 zebra danios, 3 cherry barbs, 3 guppies

0 Not allowed!
    There is no reason to think your loaches should ever get ick, really. Very seldom will you see ick in main tanks unless you have brought it in from the outside via new fish......or plants.

I have read that cooper is not acceptable for loaches (how true is unknown) but I had clowns, treated my tank once with Ick Guard, and there was no problem. I did mention previously that in my 9 years of keeping fish, I had ick only 3 times. And all 3 times were due to adding new fish.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    There is no reason to think your loaches should ever get ick, really. Very seldom will you see ick in main tanks unless you have brought it in from the outside via new fish......or plants....... I did mention previously that in my 9 years of keeping fish, I had ick only 3 times. And all 3 times were due to adding new fish

Thanks for the info about new plants. NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! But of course! Should probably put new plants in quarantine either alone or with an unlucky "test" fish also in quarantine.

Since will absolutely shoot myself or jump from a 9 story building if do NOT quarantine a fish first BEFORE adding ANY NEW FISH to the 52 gallon tank----then Ick will never happen in there! Whew! What a relief!

+1 today for some good news then.