· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Help!! Fish eggs are here!

0 Not allowed!
    Hi there,

Im new to the whole world of fish keeping, have had my tank for about 3 months now and yesterday morning i noticed on the glass what appeared to be little bubbles, after scouring the internet I guessing they are fish eggs. But! what next? I have no idea who's eggs they are, do i need to find that out? do i take the eggs out of the tank ? arghh! so confused please help!!!!

ash

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    to start,well what kind of fish do you have??

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LivebearersFTW
    to start,well what kind of fish do you have??

Ok i currently have-

10 Cardinal neons
    3 peppered corys
    5 rocket pencils
    2 bristle nose pelcos
    4black phanton tetras
    5 emerald eye rasboras
    5spotted danios
    4 khooli loaches

Hopefully that helps! i tried looking in the tank to see if there were any other eggs but it mainly seems like the 5 or six bunches on the glass

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Any snails? Most snails lay eggs on the glass in aquaria
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    nope no snails, i did just get a longnose whiptail ? but on its own

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    sounds like cory eggs to me. Google "cory eggs" and see if that looks like what you have.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brhino
    sounds like cory eggs to me. Google "cory eggs" and see if that looks like what you have.

yes indeed just googled it and they do look like cory eggs! ok so now i do need to get the eggs out of the way of all my other fish or do i just leave them there? i have read about breeding nets i think it was, or some stuff says to get another tank! so confused!!!

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Cory cats spawn fairly often in aquariums, but raising fry successfully is a completely different story. Lot of time and effort would be involved, and another tank would be much more likely to work than a net breeder.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

9. Default fry are doing well

0 Not allowed!
    thanks everyone for your help, indeed they were cory eggs, i didnt manage to save a large amount but i managed to get a few and now have 20 fry that are just under 1cm living in a small seperate tank. they are getting big quickly! more of a suprise i was watching my tank the other night with a lights off and i saw a juvi corry appear, he is about 2cm and somehow has managed to survive and grow in the tank!! he must just sneak out at night and have a snack!

0 Not allowed!
    Nice, 2cm in what time table? Got like 8 in mine right now, eggs.