· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Breeding Black Phantoms?

0 Not allowed!
    Realized a little too late that I've got eight males and one female - yikes. They all seem to get along fine - haven't seen any of those mock battles between the males, and none seem to be chasing the female. I went down earlier today, however, and the females dorsal fin has been split. She's lively as ever, but I don't want any aggression to continue, so I've decided I want to breed them (no more money to buy more fish, and, anyways, there's got to be at least one female in a brood, right?)

I've read up on what water conditions they need to breed. I'm going to have to lower my PH a bit, I think, but is there anything else I can do to encourage breeding?

Also, my fry tank was designed for platies, and hasn't got a heater in it, since they do fine in cold water. I suppose I wouldn't be able to move any tetra fry/eggs into there?
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

2. Default Update...

0 Not allowed!
    I'm getting a heater for my 10g and I'll place the female and one of my males in there. I've never bred egg scattering species (only mollies and platies, and we all know they're easy to breed) so can I just place them together and expect them to breed?

I've also got three gray mollies in there. They're skittish and peaceful and I can't see them getting in the way, but would they eat the eggs? The fish won't eat anything that touches the bottom (they won't eat at the top, either ... I've got to make sure they get enough when the flakes are mid way through the tank .. picky animals.) Or would the tetras be put off by having other fish in there?

Any feedback?
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I have never attempted to breed egg scattering species before (silver tips were a fluke) but I think you would be best with 3m and 3f to encourage spawning, once spawned remove the parents or they will snack on the fry, so probs better to remove the mollies
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .