· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Here Pleco Pleco...

0 Not allowed!
    I had a phantom Blue Pleco....

Decided to kill itself by drowning in the plant roots....

So i went to the local store... Seen one of these bad boys...

L333 Yellow King Tiger Pleco, LOVED it instantly, looked at the price tag... Nevermind... They wanted $60 a piece for them.

So i talked to one of the kids working there, asking about it. He said it was there for around a month and a half, and that if i wait another month that he can give me a discount, so i waited a month. Asked, and he said he could drop the price to $48, which still wasn't appealing to me! I bought my phantom blue pleco for $23. I told him i would think about it.

Later on, another couple weeks later. go back, look at the tank to chekc if it was still there, and would you look at that, there was TWO of them! i ask the manager about taking in a couple trades. He said yeah, he would take a trade on the right fish. I offered my Adult Angelfish(wasn't getting along with my bolivian rams), raphael catfish(wouldnt need anymore after i get the plecos), and three aspistogramma's. He said he'd take those on trade, and in return i could buy both of the pleco's for $50! So of course i took that offer.

Now i have had these two yelow king tiger plecos in my tank with my bolivan rams for the past week. And the pleco's haven't really came out at all. I have my driftwood arranged so that there's plenty of hiding spots. lots of plants in the tank. and i feed them plenty of food.

They still dont come out!!! I want my $50 pleco's to come out so i can see them! My old gold nugget pleco would come out all the time! Same with my phantom blue pleco!

Please help me!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    I can't see your photo, showing as far too large for my phone to load up.

I have several plecos, Gold Nugget, Royals, Clowns. Previously had an L022, common and an L262.

Best advice I have is overload you tank with hiding spots. The more there is the more comfortable they will be, this means they will cruise between spots allowing you to view them.

Aswell as that I have found some plecos are mega reclusive for upto the first month and a half of tank life. Best way to entice them out is by feeding cucumber/courgette/aubergine/melon/etc

Hope this helps
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Been a month now, and the pleco's are starting to go around the tank, until they see me. I was wondering what kind of food i can give them. I read that these plecos prefer more of a meaty diet compared to the normal cucumber and zucchini.