· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Talking Finally Getting a Dog!

0 Not allowed!
    I moved in to my grandma's house 2 years ago, leaving behind 3 cats and 4 dogs at my dad's house, and coming to nothing but an old tired cat. She always said no more cats, no dogs, no nothing except fish...

Today she called me over and asked if i wanted a dog. Just like that! I feel kinda bad because the dog im getting belongs to a woman in her class that is moving and has to get rid of him, but im so happy because, dog!!!

His name is Mr. Pattinson. He is 5 years old, a purebred maltese. I did all my research and it looks like he will be quite a responsibility. Ive never had a long-hair dog. Ive also never had a hair dog vs a fur dog. Apparently he will daily brushing, twice weekly tooth brushing, weekly baths, and monthly grooming. It says that if he doesnt get walked everyday he will develop behavioral issues, even if he plays outside all day, and if im not assertive as a strong pack leader he wont obey me... Im a very assertive pack leader, and i love brushing dogs, so this should be easy, just time consuming. :)
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    awesome dude i feel your excitement in anticipation of making a new friend, remember if he bites you do not hesitate to bite back lol but seriously good luck with your new buddy , i've been grieving for a German Shepard for the past few years myself and i may finally get one this Christmas if i play my cards right

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I love german shepherds. Good luck with trying to get one! This will be the first purebred dog ive ever had. My dad has had:

Al Capone - English Mastiff/Pit bull/Lab - Moved and had to get rid of because he was huge and couldnt live in trailer. Very nice dog, we had him for 6 years before we moved.

Checkers - German Shepherd/Husky - Cat aggressive, had to give away. :(

Junior - Dalmatian/Beagle - Now like 6 years old

Kahlua - Norwegian Elkhound/Boston Terrier - Now like 4 or 5 years old

Tiny - Chihuahua/Jack Russel/Fox Terrier - Mean little devil, now 18yrs old

Turbo - Pitbull/Burnese Mountain Dog/German Shepherd - Hes new and adorable and 4 months old.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cool we've had-
    lassie - female ridgeback shepherd , i used to ride around on her like a horse as a kid, i really loved her died at 19 in 1995

jack - white pitbull , as a kid i messed with him alot, yanked his ears and whatnot he never showed any aggression towards us but, when a stranger came around he'd try to rip em to shreds died at 16 years old in 1996

lady- female rottweiler really nice dog she had alot of pups she died of liver and kidney complications a few years ago i think she was only 12 -13

lucky (lady's brother) - he was somewhat of a punk and growled at us sometimes but he was cool and never bit anyone, he lived at my grandpa's house till lady died and we brought him over i actually had to euthanize him a few months ago because he had severe hip displasia and was not responding to treatment ......was the hardest most emotional thing i have ever done i still wake at night thinking about him

i think the breeder we got those rottweilers from did not manage his dogs properly and alot of genetic deformities developed in a number in his pups

if i do get a german shepherd pup i wanna name him pumba

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pumba is an awesome name. :) Timon and Pumba, Lion King is my favorite movie ^_^

So sad about Lady and Lucky. They all sound like they were very nice dogs. And lol with Lassie. I remember getting yelled at for riding dogs all the time as a kid. XD
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

6. Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekfishlover2011
    Pumba is an awesome name. :) Timon and Pumba, Lion King is my favorite movie ^_^

So sad about Lady and Lucky. They all sound like they were very nice dogs. And lol with Lassie. I remember getting yelled at for riding dogs all the time as a kid. XD
    yea well i did treasure my time with them, and yes as a kid i did lots of crazy stuff , i kinda cringe when i remember now though
    lol

Awards Showcase

for your advice and support! - gourami*girl Dude, Thanks from those of us that can only send help. - 850R Have a cool one after helping those around you - Cliff You will probably need a few more of these before you are done - mommy1 Thanks for helping get peoples lives back to normal - mommy1 
    and one more - mommy1 Have another - KingFisher and one more because we all appreciate what you are doing. - mommy1 Looks like your down a qt - Cliff Yeah, because you still need more appreciation. - mommy1 
    It HAS to be time for a burger, There might be more beers on the way :-D - 850R Your effort in NYC is appreciated! - Cory Catfish We all appreciate what you are doing! Thank you! - Cory Catfish thank for being you - Lady Hobbs more - Lady Hobbs 
    For all your hard work - sailor to bolster your spirits - fishmommie Well deserved - Aeonflame Have another on me - Aeonflame Cheers! For all your hard work! - Trillianne 
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - C-Dub Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - C-Dub Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - C-Dub Autism - C-Dub Childhood Cancer - C-Dub 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuppyAteMyDog
    i've been grieving for a German Shepard for the past few years myself and i may finally get one this Christmas if i play my cards right

I have an all black German Shepherd and let me tell you he is hands down the greatest dog I've ever owned. That being said the first yr was a challenge, they are very very smart and need proper training or they will walk all over you, lol... Good luck, if you ever get one PM me and I can give you tons of advice.
    55 Gal- Fluval 305 & Aqua Clear 70;
    2 Gold Veil Angels, 1 GBR, 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, and 11 pesky Zebra Danio's.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think im getting my dog tomorrow. We were unclear on what she meant, she left after church and didnt stay for meal like we expected, so we didnt get to talk much... She had asked me when i wanted dog, i said "you know, whenever you want" and she then told me that she was taking him to vet's tomorrow for shots, seeing what she has to do to change microchip info, and that she'd call me afterwards. And she left it at that.

Ive just been preparing anyway, figuring hes either coming tomorrow or sometime this week, because she seemed like it was getting into the urgent time of he has to go soon. I dont know, but when i get him, there will be lots of pics of him! And i am possibly changing his name, because people are making bad references to his name and i dont like the references.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

9. Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub
    I have an all black German Shepherd and let me tell you he is hands down the greatest dog I've ever owned. That being said the first yr was a challenge, they are very very smart and need proper training or they will walk all over you, lol... Good luck, if you ever get one PM me and I can give you tons of advice.
    i certainly will take you up on that offer, but i will probably get the normal tan and black color although there is a breeder with all white dogs i can't afford them , the black ones are awesome, intruders wont see them till it's too late if they decide to break in during the night lol