· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default How to get assasin snail eggs to hatch?

0 Not allowed!
    I have currently more than hundred eggs in my aquarium. Those can mostly be found around my homemade lavastone caves, but also inside of Eheim aquaball filter basket. I've noticed that they love to lay their eggs on complex labyrinth kind of surface more likely than solid ones.

So my 6 Anentome helenas seem to be mating a lot and there are a lots of eggs, but I can't see any babies or new adults and it's been over 4 months now. Only fish species I could imagine to eat these newborn babies is Apistogramma cacatuoides, because beside of those I only have Corydoras and Melanoides tuberculata living in the bottom of the aquarium. But I wonder if these eggs have ever hatched at all or even fertilized?

Measured water parameters:
    Temperature: 25
    GH: 7 dH (could be a little bit higher)
    KH: 2 dH (-""-)
    NO2: 0,07 mg/l (could be a little bit lower)
    NO3: 5 mg/l (good)
    Water streaming speed: pretty fast and my filter has bubbling head turned on maximum.

Picture of my assasin snails and their eggs:

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    The babies will burrow for the first few months and you won't see them until they emerge at a bigger size.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    Agree with Trillianne. I got 3 assassin snails for my tank. I never saw any new ones until I tore the tank down several months later to move everything to a larger one. Sifting through the sand I found 4-5 babies. Now I've got dozens of assassins patrolling my tank. I find their eggs on plants and stuff all the time, and they never seem to hatch, but somewhere, lurking in the substrate, there's an assassin snail factory. It just takes a while for them to get going.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to everyone.

You most likely have babies in your tank already.
    Roll the Dice!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm in the same situation! Started an Assassin only tank months ago...eggs everywhere and lots of enpty egg sacs....must be babies somewhere in the substrate...!