· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default My kribs finally laid eggs!

0 Not allowed!
    After a very long gravid and courting phase my kribs finally laid their first batch of eggs!

My wife woke me up in the middle of the night last night to tell me. She had been worried at first because our female was all skinny and missing her pink gravid spot. But then she noticed the male was bringing her bloodworms to the spawning cave mouth and spitting them in for her. So she got a light and did some investigation and there they were.

We are so stoked. I'll try and get some pics from down in the cave when we get home from school.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok here is a short vid of the eggs if anyone wants to see the cave. Very sorry about the terrible quality btw. Especially with the sound, but I'm using my iPhone as its the only camera I have, and the blasted things are so small sometimes they are hard to hold as a cam.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...DC79EF5983.mp4

You can't really see it in the pic very well, but they have both turned an amazing purple color since she laid the eggs. The male has been chasing the Cochus away from the cave like a good little guard all day.

There must be love in the air at our house. A lot of our fish have been spawning/mating, the thicklip gourami just laid eggs as some of you know, the kribs as well, and then my wife showed me this -->

Apparently my Clea Helena are mating as well. Which is really surprising because I had been kind of worried about them. We rearranged some tanks and ended up with a bunch of large loaches in with the assassins. I've been trying to decide where to rehome them, and worried that they aren't getting any food because the loaches annihilate all the bladder and ramshorn snails long before the Helena even realize they are there. I guess they are finding food somewhere between the algae and leftover pellets tho.
    Last edited by Nephalem; 10-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org