· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default NEW LIFE SPECTRUM - judgement

0 Not allowed!
    Just bought this PRICEY food because the lady recommended it to me.
    advertised as fulfilling ALL nutritional recquirements of community fish
    and helping to prevent diseases such as hole in the head.

has anyone used this long term?
    if so... worth the price tag?

0 Not allowed!
    NLS is said to be a good fish food but I believe in variety and don't think one thing does it all. The claim of preventing HITH would be iffy, at best. Several things have been claimed to cause it but none of it with scientific proof. Good diet is essential but several foods offer a good diet, IMO.

Awards Showcase

Wishing You the Very Best for the New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year - Celtic Fins Happy new year! - Brookfish happy new year! - The Red Severum All Sailors love coffee - jbeining75 
    Sailor - Brookfish cheers bud! - Crispy Happy Birthday bud! - Brookfish thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat congrats on motm - Lab_Rat 
    Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the nomination - Cliff Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff No Message - cer Thanks for the rep - Cliff 
    thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra Happy Birthday - KingFisher thanks for the rep:) Zebra pleco for you! - Northerly Merry Christmas - Cliff Just a Thanks! - Plecos 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    I have been using various NLS foods for approx 5 yrs and have found that all my fish do wonderfully on it. Depending on the dietary requirements I do supplement other items such as brine shrimp, blood worms etc. I good diet, water quality, good quality stock and good housekeeping will ward off any disease.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    I know we have one or two members here that always feed their fish NLS, then on occasion some NLS, and especially at thanks giving and xmas they give em NLS.

Personally I don't mind it as a brand but I've always found fish do better on a varied diet.
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ARDENT Northend Thistle fan
    I know we have one or two members here that always feed their fish NLS, then on occasion some NLS, and especially at thanks giving and xmas they give em NLS.
    And sprinkle it on salads, Make tea, Foot powder & garden fert...

NLS is good food, I use it. I also use Hikari, & KensFish foods As well as a variety of fresh fruits/veggies Or live depending on who I am feeding. I want to try the Repashy foods as I have heard good things about them.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    There have been several debates on this board about whether NLS is merely "good" or "Neptune, Lord of the Sea's gift to fishes". I use it and it seems to work well but I'm not religiously attached to it.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails