Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Hybrid View

  1. Default stocking a 35 gallon aquarium help


    0 Not allowed!
    Hey ac after getting my 35 gallon tank running, i noticed that with 4 fish it seemed kinda bare and empty, so far i have a medium piece of drift wood with java moss on it, a small albino african cichlid, a small 4 stripped cat fish, a small pleco, and a small algae eater, the cichlid will soom b emoved out to my big cichlid tank when he gets much older, do you guys have any sugestions on what fish and how much fish to put in as good tank mates. Thanks in advance (:

  2. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    what exactly are these fish called?

    there are way too many species out there to know what a "small pleco" really is. etc.
    everything starts off small, its whether or not it gets to 2ft is the question.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Second left after the Haggis Farm
    Posts
    3,988

    Awards Showcase

    Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Just checking but is your 35G cycled?

    Since you keep africans what is your pH? If it is nearing 8 it will hinder your stocking options. If it is 7.5 or less then you have a broad variety to choose from.

    If you can tell us the exact names of your fish then that would help, alternatively pictures would help. Stocking a 35G as if it were empty would be 1 small pleco (Bristlenose, Clown) 1 school of fish; 15-20 tetras (25-30 if its neons) and to cap it off 1 dwarf cichlid: Bolivia ram, Krib etc

    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

  4. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    Just checking but is your 35G cycled?

    Since you keep africans what is your pH? If it is nearing 8 it will hinder your stocking options. If it is 7.5 or less then you have a broad variety to choose from.

    If you can tell us the exact names of your fish then that would help, alternatively pictures would help. Stocking a 35G as if it were empty would be 1 small pleco (Bristlenose, Clown) 1 school of fish; 15-20 tetras (25-30 if its neons) and to cap it off 1 dwarf cichlid: Bolivia ram, Krib etc

    yupthe tank is cycled completly, ph is exactly 7.3
    fish -
    1. Pictus cafish
    2. albino african cichlid
    3. chineas algae eater
    4. Bristlenose pleco

    thats the fish i have stocked right now

  5. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    well for starters, those fish do not work in that tank.

    pictus catfish get about a 1foot long
    common plecos get over a foot long

    so right there, you have an issue

    plus, both those are bottom feeders as well as the chinese algae eaters...
    so you are crowded at the bottom.

    you gotta figure out where to put those fish before we can help
    your tank is about 1/3 the size it needs to be to continue with those fish

  6. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank
    well for starters, those fish do not work in that tank.

    pictus catfish get about a 1foot long
    common plecos get over a foot long

    so right there, you have an issue

    plus, both those are bottom feeders as well as the chinese algae eaters...
    so you are crowded at the bottom.

    you gotta figure out where to put those fish before we can help
    your tank is about 1/3 the size it needs to be to continue with those fish
    i have my 120 gallon tank on stand by waiting for them to get bigger

  7. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    well for starters, those fish do not work in that tank.

    pictus catfish get about a 1foot long
    common plecos get over a foot long

    so right there, you have an issue

    plus, both those are bottom feeders as well as the chinese algae eaters...
    so you are crowded at the bottom.

    you gotta figure out where to put those fish before we can help
    your tank is about 1/3 the size it needs to be to continue with those fish

  8. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank
    what exactly are these fish called?

    there are way too many species out there to know what a "small pleco" really is. etc.
    everything starts off small, its whether or not it gets to 2ft is the question.
    the plecos a common pleco

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •